Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline thabusdriv3r  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:28:42 PM(UTC)
ThaBusDriv3r

Groups: Registered

Time to start using my Wifi on my phone at home. I still have my unlimited 4G on my family plan. I believe I only use around 8GB a month, but I have family members that use 14GB each month. I believe will probably be one of the targets for slower data speeds. No matter if I get throttled or not, I'm still keeping my unlimited 4G. So Verizon, BRING IT!

Offline ChrisHunter  
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:39:32 PM(UTC)
ChrisHunter

There is no possible way to abuse a service you pay for and were promised. If you pay for bandwidth you should be able to use the bandwidth 24/7 at the advertised speeds.

Offline RyanLaberinto  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:50:52 AM(UTC)
RyanLaberinto

Why do providers even throttle? I know its to help everyone else, but they are paying for that internet. They shouldn't lower their speeds just because they use more than most people. They are paying for a service, they need to get the what they are paying for.

Offline ThomasTaege  
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:29:20 PM(UTC)
ThomasTaege

Yeah, verizon is definitely in the wrong here. The more I think about it I realized verizon should definitely give the customers what they've offered and make upgrades on their end to meet customer demand. There's really no excuse to handle it any other way.

Offline xXxDOYLExXx  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 9:44:54 AM(UTC)
xXxDOYLExXx

Ha just a few articles back it talks about their double digit earnings, yet they can't fork out a few dollars to build up their infrastructure to allow unlimited data?.......

Offline acarzt  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 12:07:16 PM(UTC)
acarzt

Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)

"Unlimited Data" and "Unlimited Bandwidth" are not the same thing. They are paying for unlimited data, and Verizon is not limiting their data, they are simply limiting the speed at which they can obtain that data.

It sounds like they are just going to implement QoS which will provide the end user's with unthrottled bandwidth up to a certain percentage or available bandwidth is in use. A QoS policy will attempt to make an even amount of bandwidth available to all user's that are currently connected. So if 100Mbps of bandwidth is available, then 1 connected user can get up to 100mphs. With 10 user's connected without QoS, a single user with more sessions open can take up most of the bandwidth and cause everyone else with a single session open to suffer. With 10 user's connected and QoS turned on, they can evenly distribute bandwidth to make 10Mbps available to each user.

Offline JaredBKnudson  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 1:52:04 PM(UTC)
JaredBKnudson

It's not abuse of users, if anything it's them trying to make as many users as possible feel welcome by not letting the 5% who use the most bandwidth ruin the experience for everyone else.

Offline ChrisFarscapeFredKim  
#23 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 1:56:20 PM(UTC)
ChrisFarscapeFredKim

LOL its funny how people like to agree with giant telecom business. Then they shouldn't offer unlimited.

That's the problem when u only have 4 telecom companies. Lack of competition means more [censored]services and more you have to pay

Offline RoseCawley  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 1:56:39 PM(UTC)
RoseCawley

Very sensible argument. But I do agree with Nick that they need to upgrade their infrastructure to accommodate it's user base.

Offline MADSKILLZ412  
#25 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 10:09:07 PM(UTC)
MADSKILLZ412

Groups:

Nothing really unlimited about it, but I don't even use Verizon so I shouldn't complain.