Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline paul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:37:50 AM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This might be Google's week to shine with its I/O developer event taking place, but lest anyone forget about its main rival, Apple today made an announcement of its own. Effective immediately, Apple's 16GB iPod touch is available in the same color options as its larger capacity brethren -- pink, yellow, blue, silver, space gray, and (PRODUCT) RED -- and also now sports a 5-megapixel iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording.

Prior to today, Apple's entry-level iPod touch was only available in silver and space gray. It also lacked a rear camera. Now it's the same as the other 32GB and 64GB models, and it carries a cheaper price tag to boot -- Apple reduced the price to $199, down from $229.

Apple iPod touch

Apple slashed the price of the other two models as well. Those interested in the 32GB model can now pick one up for $249, down from $299, and the 64GB version goes for $299, down from $399. Apple didn't say why it decided to lower the price and/or upgrade the 16GB model, though it could be to make them more attractive with the iPhone 6 rumored to come out this fall. The Cupertino outfit might also have a new line up its sleeve, though we haven't heard anything up to this point.

The iPod touch isn't Apple's biggest money maker, though the company did sell 26.4 million units for $4.4 billion in revenue during its last fiscal year
Offline unicycle  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:02:09 AM(UTC)
unicycle

For the price of $199, I think more consumers will get one. Good decision.

Offline JohnPlummer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:57:50 AM(UTC)
JohnPlummer

not sure how much they are paying yall for this. the price is $200. the cost of 16ig flashdrives or ssd's. are a lot lower. so, explain the huge markup???

Offline danny0174  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:59:18 AM(UTC)
Anonymous

Groups: Administrators

Apple still over priced but a good deal.

Offline KOwen  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:04:54 PM(UTC)
KOwen

why is 64GB still the largest they can do? I currently own an iPod touch 64GB, it's a few generations behind, and I am slowly but surely running out of space since I tend to not compress my audio files very much (I mostly use WAV). I need more space but don't want an iPod classic. Same amount of space and a rear mounted camera for less is a good start but not enough incentive for me to upgrade. Support for FLAC would be much appreciated as well since nobody uses ALAC and it doesn't even work very well from what I remember.