Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline superhumanben  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:07:13 PM(UTC)
superhumanben

Groups: Registered

It's not just MSE but SCEP 2012 also did this to 2003 Servers recently at my work. Affected engine version was 4.3.220.0 I believe. I'm not sure if it was a specific virus definition that caused it or if it's been going on a while and I just noticed it. Easily fixed with updating the engine version at least.

Offline elkhorn  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:05:51 PM(UTC)
elkhorn

Man

Does this mean the IRS is stopped in it's tracks? Humm, rite after TAX day!!!...

Offline dkhalilifar  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:47:13 AM(UTC)
dkhalilifar

Thanks so much for posting this. I have XP running on an older PC networked with a another computer and got this bug on the XP side. It was mostly accidental that I even discovered that it was tied to Microsoft Security Essentials but it locked me out and could not do anything on this PC. It was completely unresponsive. I could not remove the program from the control panel because it would not even list the programs.  It locked up the pc so the only thing I could do over and over is a hard reboot. 

I could not even remove the program in safe mode. It thought I was trying to install it rather than remove it. I'm not a IT person so through some research, found your article and was able to Disable it in safe mode. But even though It returned my PC to normal, I still can't remove the program through normal channels. I am getting an error about a resource directory where the file is located. I'm just happy I could disable, so thanks for posting this tip. 

Offline julie556  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 2:08:08 AM(UTC)
julie556

Thanks for posting this tip for I am also a XP user. etui galaxy s5 housse galaxy s5