realneil
2013-05-06T14:40:16Z

It's taken a while during other contests in the past, so all is still good.  It's certainly worth the wait.

Clixxer
2013-05-06T14:44:53Z

Yes sir! Yeah when the contest first started I went and watched all the build videos I could find (props to Macro and Dave) and then when it ended watched them again and looked at dates when they announced the winners and saw that it would be a week or so. Like I said earlier while i'm waiting on who won, i'm more curious to the build video. I did do some looking up and the MB is only about an inch larger than a standard ATX board so it should fit in the case they choose but still wondering how its gonna look.

Kidbest100
2013-05-06T22:17:50Z

Clixxer wrote:

I did do some looking up and the MB is only about an inch larger than a standard ATX board so it should fit in the case they choose but still wondering how its gonna look.

Yeah I was a bit curious about that as well... A bit of an odd motherboard choice if you ask me, but nobody should complain XD

I went and looked up the Z77 FTW, and was a bit curious as to how it will overclock.  I went looking for reviews and stuff but couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for in the time that I had.  I guess the winner will have to do their research before they OC on that board XD 

(And if they aren't going to OC, they're a bit crazy)

Anyways, I bet that the EVGA Z77 FTW will definitely look massive in the 200R, and I kind of like that, but I'm not sure.  Some motherboards can pull it off, but to me it doesn't look good when you have a case so massive it looks too empty if you have anything on par or lower than an ATX board in it.  Unless you are doing WC of course, then those components take up quite a bit of room sometimes and make it look more natural.  

Johnny3D
2013-05-06T23:04:22Z

Kidbest100 wrote:

And if they aren't going to OC, they're a bit crazy

I disagree. Overclocking reduces the overall lifespan of a machine. Some folks, like myself, want our machines to last as long as possible because we can't afford to be replacing them very often. I don't think that makes me 'a bit crazy'. So... if I win this machine, I'll keep it clean, cool, and running at stock speeds for years.

Remember... just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

To each their own though. :) 

eunoia
2013-05-07T04:02:51Z

Kidbest100 wrote:

Yeah I was a bit curious about that as well... A bit of an odd motherboard choice if you ask me, but nobody should complain XD

Let's be clear about this: it's the choice of case and CPU cooler that's odd, the Z77 FTW and Intel 3770K are awesome and kewl choices. Oh crap, that sounded like I was complaining...

[quote user="Johnny3D"]

I disagree. Overclocking reduces the overall lifespan of a machine.

Some folks, like myself, want our machines to last as long as possible

because we can't afford to be replacing them very often. I don't think

that makes me 'a bit crazy'. So... if I win this machine, I'll keep it clean, cool, and running at stock speeds for years.

Voltage and temperature can reduce the overall lifespan of a chip, but there are hardware options which can mitigate this. Sell the 3770K and get a regular 3770 then, if it has a "K", you must overclock. Dems the rules. [:P]

Warsoul
2013-05-07T14:34:39Z

''Sell the 3770K and get a regular 3770 then, if it has a "K", you must overclock. Dems the rules.''

 

I agree ! But you can run at stock for the first years and overclock it when needed with an OC Bios Profile.

 

realneil
2013-05-07T15:11:10Z

The mainboard has Auto-OC setting in the BIOS that will OC the CPU a little without affecting the reliability. The CPU comes with Intel liquid cooling, so an un-aggressive OC is certainly possible without burning it up.

I would OC it a little.

Clixxer
2013-05-07T15:55:42Z

realneil wrote:

The mainboard has Auto-OC setting in the BIOS that will OC the CPU a little without affecting the reliability. The CPU comes with Intel liquid cooling, so an un-aggressive OC is certainly possible without burning it up.

I would OC it a little.

I would have to test its limits, that is all I know. No point in having that cpu/mobo combo and not seeing what its capable of. 

altereDad
2013-05-08T05:36:04Z

Run it through the mud to see how she handles.

Giddy-up!

🇸🇳🇦🇺

KarelRoy
2013-05-08T09:21:50Z

-just checked what is the proco and i seen a feature Anti-thief ! but u have to subscrive for 1 year, lol, acomputer like this ! who ever would jump on it ;) 
   
 

no need to OC, but they exist programs,Video game that require an Top End Computer, there u use the red NoS-boost button ;)   l^o^l  
 
As much as this could run smooth,this computer would handle to CRYSIS 4, Battlefield 5  easy but can have  limit lol !!!  ( add rams, and change video card or add same video card. )

 
but i don't event know no one having some thing like that Yeahhh!!!! eheh  !  


  

Dorkstar
2013-05-08T14:33:11Z

Johnny3D wrote:

[quote user="Kidbest100"]And if they aren't going to OC, they're a bit crazy

I disagree. Overclocking reduces the overall lifespan of a machine. Some folks, like myself, want our machines to last as long as possible because we can't afford to be replacing them very often. I don't think that makes me 'a bit crazy'. So... if I win this machine, I'll keep it clean, cool, and running at stock speeds for years.

Remember... just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

To each their own though. :) 

I won the FX-8320 build from HH's last giveaway.  I was able to get the FX-8320 from 3.5Ghz to a very stable overclock at 4.4Ghz on stock voltage.  That isn't going to cause in reduction in lifetime of the chip, as my temps sit around 22c at full load, and there's absolutely no voltage increases.

Of course this is only because I hit a wall at 4.8Ghz and decided to step it back for a while.  But the point is, you can OC without effecting the lifetime of your gear.

realneil
2013-05-08T14:52:36Z

Dorkstar wrote:

But the point is, you can OC without effecting the lifetime of your gear.

Agreed,....Manufacturers saw the public's desire to overclock and began to cater to those desires long ago.

Question: Why are some high-end CPUs sold in an unlocked state? Why do almost all Mainboards have a way to automagically overclock your system in their BIOS settings? Why are video cards built with OC leeway in them?

Answer: It's an accepted practice, and it's encouraged too.

PC parts makers provide software solutions to OC their products. They claim superior OC abilities in their advertisements too. They understand that people are drawn to faster products, and they willingly sell ~that~ to us.

Of course they ~all~ have disclaimers in their warranties that we OC at our own risk,...........

thunderdan602
2013-05-08T21:35:02Z

Still no word on the who the lucky winner is? Congrats to whomever it is. I'm envious, you lucky dog you!

Warsoul
2013-05-08T22:54:36Z

April fool ! Ha ha ! We got you !🇨🇴

eunoia
2013-05-10T07:41:01Z

I rememeber this contest, whatever happened to it? Was there a winner announced and a build video?