Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ray  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:44:36 PM(UTC)
News

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Who would've thought that a tiny, unheard-of media streaming box would really have a future? While the likes of Boxee hit a surge and then faded, Roku has seemingly nailed a sweet spot. Now, the company's introducing the Roku 3 -- the fastest, most powerful Roku player yet. It's a new flagship product, with a sexier design and plenty of new features. The remote now has a headphone port on it, enabling a more private aural experience for those watching on the couch. Additionally, the remote doubles as a motion-sensing game controller for playing games like Angry Birds Space.

There's also a software change in the form of a tweaked user interface. The new interface will automatically roll out as a free software update in April to all current-generation Roku devices – Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500R), Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 XS and the Roku Streaming Stick. Roku 3 comes loaded with more than 750 channels of entertainment, 1080p HD support, dual-band wireless, Ethernet and USB ports, and a microSD slot. Recently launched channels on the Roku platform include TWC TV, BlockBuster On Demand and iHeartRadio. Other channels launching soon include FOX NOW, PBS and PBS KIDS.

The Roku 3 streaming player is available now in the United States through Roku.com and Amazon.com for $100, while retail shops will have it in April.

Offline NickModrowski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:56:10 AM(UTC)
NickModrowski

but does it have anything worth watching? my aunt had one, and i found the programming a bit... lacking....

Offline RWilliams  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:52:08 AM(UTC)
RWilliams

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Wow, I -LOVE- the idea of the remote having a headphone jack. Please please please become a standard thing.

Offline RTietjens  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:14:16 AM(UTC)
RTietjens

@NickModrowski - If Netflix, Amazon Prime, ESPN, Hulu Plus, Crackle, CNS, NBC, and even Faux News and the hundreds of other channels available are "lacking," I suppose so.