Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Spore  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:23:57 AM(UTC)
Spore

Groups: Registered

Hello, 

Okay so I've got a problem with my notebook, it's a gateway NV59 series ...So the other day I was just leisurely going through my documents on my computer when it suddenly, blue screened and turned off. So now when it boots up it stops at a black screen where it proceeds to tell me "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"... So I figure loose hard-disk. Thus it is not so. 

So I tried to Re-Install the OS, put the disk in, looks good, half-way there then ----- 0 Unallocated Disk Space, and I can't move on from there. 

ANY suggestions!? 

Offline fat78  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:16:50 PM(UTC)
fat78

0 unallocated  means there is zero free space, which means the OS is installed on the drive and has a partition on it for the whole drive. You can try repairing or restoring windows or if you still want you can wipe the old drive and reinstall a new copy of windows.

However i would check the bios first to make sure the computer is detecting the drive.

Offline Spore  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:18:40 PM(UTC)
Spore

Yeah....It was detecting the drive. Now when I do it, and I get to the install area "where to install" ...Nothing shows up. 

Offline Elsparrow  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:20:34 AM(UTC)
Elsparrow

It's possible that the hard drive has corrupted.  If it's a Win 7 install, when you boot off the media, go for the repair options and the advanced options under that (can't remember it exactly without a machine in front of me in that state).

Open a command prompt from in there, and type dir c: then dir d: etc through the letters to see if you can read the partition.

I'll be honest, that sounds like the partition may have gone RAW.

*edit*

Nuts just looked at the dates on this.  If you are sorted then cool, otherwise someone feel free to mock my lack of attention...