Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TVFREAKAZOID  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:53:40 PM(UTC)
TVFREAKAZOID

Groups: Registered

Well i was going to go ahead and upgrade and get a new PC set up. But i have since changed my mind and looking into getting a laptop (probably will still get a PC built maybe sometime this year).

I'm looking into the up to $600 price range (well try to stay below that if possible [;)] ). 

I will most likely just use it to browse the net but also play some games as well.  Any ideas of what brand of laptops you guys can recommend me? Screen size 15inch or larger.

I was also wondering if i do go this route and buy a laptop how easy is it to upgrade the memory and switch to an SSD drive instead of using the HDD? Or get a laptop that has an ssd drive. I don't plan on storing tons of music or movies on my laptop, so i don't need a 1trillion bite hard drive =P.

A good battery life would be nice. I will be buying the laptop on amazon because well i have gift cards from that company.

Thanks,

IaimToMisbehave you know [:P]

Offline CDeeter  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
CDeeter

Man

Ok, given your price range and the fact that you would like to do some gaming, I'd suggest a laptop with an AMD A series APU like this:

HP Pavilion dv6-6110us Notebook AMD A-Series A6-3400M(1.4GHz) 15.6"

4GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Here's a link to give you an idea: http://www.newegg.com/Pr...spx?Item=N82E16834157879 maybe you can find a similar one at amazon.

As for upgrading the memory and hard drive, nowadays it's a fairly easy task since most manufacturers provide easy access to them through removable panels on the bottom. I don't know if you are going to find many laptops under $600 that come with an ssd, might be something that you'll have to add yourself.

Hope that helps. Have fun![:D]

Offline Cerf  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:22:11 PM(UTC)
Cerf

An SSD is a must, will give you alot of faster running Windows :)

Also consider buying the laptop with at least Core i3 processor. Forget the cheapest Celeron and AMD neuters...