Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ASundgren  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:00:50 PM(UTC)
ASundgren

Groups: Registered

Hey!

Thanks for answering. First of I'm not going for 2x 590's, just ONE :)

At the moment I'm looking into another retailer that still had a Asus card left. But if that doesn't work out I'll go for the Gigabyte one. I guess I'll have a mouse in reserve then.

Thanks again Neil!

Offline realneil  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:26:43 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

ASundgren wrote:
First of I'm not going for 2x 590's, just ONE

Sorry, I misread it.

My son just got the EVGA 590 and he loves it. He says it turned his PC into a Ferrari. It took him a while to find his 590 here in the US because they sell out so fast once they're in stock.

Please post some Pics once the system is complete,......take care,......

Offline AKwyn  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:27:33 PM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey ASundgren! Your build is looking pretty nice.

I do have some concerns about the GTX 590 though. I'm not sure if you'll overclock or not but the GTX 590 is limited by poor VRM's on the reference card. Newer cards won't blow up your computer but you won't be able to overclock the card as much as you'd want. It's severely down clocked from a GTX 580 in order to keep power within specs; by comparison, the Radeon HD 6990 is able to run at the highest clocks but you'll have to suffer loud noise as a downside.

Either way, I'm not recommending one card over the other; it all comes down to choice.

Good luck and I really hope you post pics of the build.

Offline ASundgren  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:31:48 AM(UTC)
ASundgren

Hey TaylorKarras!

Thanks for you input on the matter. I'm aware of some of the cons with the 590, but I'm not planning on overclocking it. At least not in the near future. The Radeon card was never really a choice for me due to some previous negative experiences with Radeon cards. Both that friends and myself have had.

I might get some pictures up this weekend if the rest of the stuff comes. Got the 590 today so hopefully the rest will come tomorrow.

Offline rrplay  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:54:23 AM(UTC)
rrplay

ASundgren wrote:

... get some pictures up this weekend if the rest of the stuff comes. Got the 590 today so hopefully the rest will come tomorrow.

hey ASundgren really glad you got it worked out ! I take you got the GB 590 which is sure to be a really smooth experience ....

speaking of a smooth experience your visit to HH greatly enhanced the community with your build .[Y]

What would even enhance the overall experience even more  and to the absolute MAX would be to include some pics of this sweet build of yours

>> Your Smiling Happy Face is optional [:)]

Offline AKwyn  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 6:17:35 AM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

ASundgren wrote:
The Radeon card was never really a choice for me due to some previous negative experiences with Radeon cards.

Sad to hear that you've had such a bad experience with them. I've had a 4890 for like most of my system's lifetime and while it does run hot and consume a lot of power, it just seems to chug along and work.

I am dying to upgrade to an NVIDIA card, but mainly because of the fact that I can apply SSAA on transparent textures in DX11 games; the ATI cards do have the edge in video quality and I'm sure that I can get the same type of quality effect with the SSAATool but I don't think it'll be the same as the NVIDIA cards; plus I am kinda envious towards trying SLI (may try Crossfire due to the drivers improving performance significantly but only if I can find a way to apply SSAA in DX11 games.)

Anyway, hope you like the GTX 590 you bought; should do wonders for your system.

Offline OptimusPrimeTime  
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:41:46 PM(UTC)
OptimusPrimeTime

ASundgren wrote:
Well in the coming months there's loads to look forward to! First and foremost for me it's Battlefield 3 and then Skyrim.

"Same here, Mostly for BF3 and MW3. I'm upgrading at the end of September though, when Bulldozer debuts, to see how it compares to Sandy bridge. For the card, Im thinking the Asus Matrix GTX 580, I dont think the AMD 7000 series will come out this year, and Im not buiying a 30 Inch monitor yet, so I will be sticking to one card and not Sli, so the Asus card has the juice that I need."

Offline rrplay  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:49:28 AM(UTC)
rrplay

just wanted to 'bump' this thread a bit and see if A Sundgren will post some pics in here with the build. which did come about quite nice.

Offline eunoia  
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:08:54 PM(UTC)
eunoia

Offline rrplay  
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:31:53 PM(UTC)
rrplay

eunoia wrote:

We give so much, yet we ask so little! :D

yeah how true that is my friend ..apparently some wiring issues need to be solved , and likely would not have been missed here . ..oh well