Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LBowen  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:19:01 PM(UTC)
LBowen

Groups: Registered

Offline realneil  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:04:44 PM(UTC)
realneil

Groups: Administrators, Moderator, Registered
Man

froggy368 wrote:
Iam still having one heck of a time to get the rapid storage technology to work right.

I have a solution for your problems with the Intel Rapid Response Technology. I just dealt with the same thing recently and here is the fix:

Go to this page: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme4&o=Win764

These are all of the latest downloads for your mainboard.

Notice the download entitled: Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver ver: 10.5.0.1027 'Optimize Intel SRT performance'. download this and save it for later on. You can see that there is a red link within this area to get the latest BIOS for your board. Go there and get the BIOS and install that first. Then install the other download that you saved and reboot.

Now it will work. If not,...post again and I'll walk you through a few other optimizations.

froggy368 wrote:
I have partionned my SSD so I could still use part of it as storage but the intel software is hanging on the whole 120GB.

It uses either 20GB or the whole disk. the program does the partitioning, not you.

Offline froggy368  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:58:42 PM(UTC)
froggy368

Thanks Realneil for the info but my BIOS has been updated and I also have the RST driver version10.5.0.1027 installed. I did it this past weekend. You are right, it's either 20GB or 64GB and I believe that it is now working on my computer but for someone like me with not much background in installing this kind of software, it is quite a challenge! Actually I realized last night that the RST software was working by seeing a new icon in the task bar with a green check mark on it! It would have been nice to be able to click on a start software button or something of that sort.

Another thing worth mentionning and correct me if I am wrong but you have to swith the SATA mode to RAID in the BIOS before installing the OS as far as the new Z68 motherboards are concerned. I have other questions on this RST software but for now I'm going to read more about it.

About pictures; this is what I get when I try to upload them:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

In other words, I'll try again tomorrow!

Offline realneil  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:52:23 PM(UTC)
realneil

Man

There was a new BIOS released just this morning. The weekend BIOS didn't work for me at all. The green check-mark on the status bar isn't what you need to see. Open that up and look at the setup there.

It should look like this:     (click the pic to see it full sized)

If it looks like that, then your golden.

Offline froggy368  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:35:31 PM(UTC)
froggy368

I just was on the ASRock website to check out this new BIOS but all I could find is the red link to the update I have already installed: Z68EXT41.30.

And yes, my RST status page does look like the one you sent me. In other words, I'm good to go! Because I partitioned my SSD, the upper right side shows the two sections of the drive that I renamed cache volume and data volume for obvious reasons; I also have accelerated the 1TB drive.

It looks like I'm going to have to install my photos program (and everything else for that matter) because I cannot upload my PC pictures. They must be too large the way they are now. Hopefully it won't take me too long. 

Offline realneil  
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:18:10 AM(UTC)
realneil

Man

froggy368 wrote:
I'm good to go!

It looks that way, congrats!

froggy368 wrote:
I cannot upload my PC pictures.

You can't upload to the HH site? Make them less than 1MB in size to begin with. Then, in your profile, there is a way to upload pics to your folder.

Offline AKwyn  
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:59:55 PM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

froggy368 wrote:
It looks like I'm going to have to install my photos program (and everything else for that matter) because I cannot upload my PC pictures. They must be too large the way they are now. Hopefully it won't take me too long. 

I hope it doesn't. I want to see tons of pics of the PC that you built inside the case!

Offline froggy368  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:25:11 PM(UTC)
froggy368

OK I have my pictures uploaded to my files but everytime I try to insert them in the post this is the answer I get: There are no items at this level in the list.

What am I doing wrong now?

Thanks

Offline AKwyn  
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:23:10 AM(UTC)
AKwyn

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I don't know seeing as how I haven't inserted a ton of pictures into a post myself but I have seen the images and I have to say that your build is looking pretty good, stylish even. I have to say that you did a good job with what you've bought.

Can't wait to see something else depending if you can get it up and running. Best of luck to ya!