Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dev  
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 8:07:17 PM(UTC)
Dev


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/17/2004(UTC)
Posts: 2,141
Man
Location: Dublin, Ireland

If Obama can be held accountable for Wright's words then McCain can be held accountable for his priest's words and likewise with all presidential candidates. There will be no double standards. In any event McCain defended Obama.

Link

-Dev

Offline peti1212  
#32 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:33:42 AM(UTC)
peti1212


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 489

Although I am too young to vote I would vote for McCain.

Offline Bitbrain  
#33 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 4:19:55 PM(UTC)
Bitbrain


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/24/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23
Location: 221B Baker St

I voted for Obama in the primary but thats just because I'm guessing he's the lesser of two evils. In the general election I guess I'll vote for McCain because I think he's the lesser of three evils.

From what I've seen you could count the number of good people in government WORLDWIDE on one hand.

The things that need to be done, and done right now, will not be liked by anyone so no one in government wants to do them because then they wont get the votes to get reelected.

Almost makes me long for a dictator who does not have to worry about getting reelected or going through a house of representatives, senate, or a supreme court. Some have said the best government is a benevolent dictatorship with the occasional  assassination.

But absolute power corrupts absolutely...............which is a problem if your powerless.

Offline thcinthemembrane  
#34 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:27:48 PM(UTC)
thcinthemembrane


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2008(UTC)
Posts: 10

mccain.  obama has no experience ... well atleast compared to mccain or even clinton.   I don't see how anyone white could vote for obama considering his reverend's comments.  

Offline Dev  
#35 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:26:43 AM(UTC)
Dev


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/17/2004(UTC)
Posts: 2,141
Man
Location: Dublin, Ireland

thcinthemembrane wrote:

I don't see how anyone white could vote for obama considering his reverend's comments.  

 

Hopefully this link can add some clarity to my previous point for you.

 -Dev

 

Offline willardcw4  
#36 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:33:50 AM(UTC)
willardcw4


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 257
Location: Nevada/Arizona

Dev2 wrote:
Hopefully this link can add some clarity to my previous point for you.

You're right... they arn't the same person... but here is what is concerning:

Obama spends his first 20 years (approximately) as a member of the muslim religion (although wasn't really practicing), and then when he converts to a christian religion (which is the only politically correct religion to be when in the political realm), he ends up joining a church (and staying there) which has a reverend that is anti-american, anti-white, and anti-.. well, everything our freedom stands for. How does that not bother you!? He was married by this guy!!??!?!! I think he would have been to at least ONE of his sermons...

I have nothing against muslims... but his upbringing no doubt made impressions based on that religion. That is fine and dandy, but with radical muslims all around the world wanting to kill every american and jew, what message do you think it sends to those people if Obama is elected? Hamas and some other terrorist organizations blatantly say that they want Obama to be the next president of the U.S.... I think that should raise a red flag. I don't remember Hamas supporting either Bush or Kerry.

 And while Obama criticizes everything Hillary says, he hardly offers solutions... simply criticism.. "We need change! What she wants to do is wrong! I have a plan!" WHAT IS YOUR DAM PLAN! Everytime I do hear his opinions or plans for the country they always seem to be identical to Hillary's anyway minus a few details here and there (gas tax for one... something I personally wouldn't mind getting rid of for the summer.. who cares if its not permanent... its a step in the right direction to lower fuel costs).

Would a first term white senator be THIS close to winning the democratic nomination? NO!

Offline Crisis Causer  
#37 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 3:11:16 PM(UTC)
Crisis Causer


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2002(UTC)
Posts: 1,652
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Willard, Obama's interaction with his Church might actually make a difference in showing his character.  Personally I don't care, because I think his reverand is only acting out now to get attention, but I can see it making a difference.  But any "Muslim" background is a lie and front and should not be used against him.  If you would not vote for Obama because "he's a Muslim" you're wrong.

Offline willardcw4  
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:14:58 PM(UTC)
willardcw4


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 257
Location: Nevada/Arizona

Crisis Causer wrote:
Willard, Obama's interaction with his Church might actually make a difference in showing his character. 

Agreed.

 

Crisis Causer wrote:
But any "Muslim" background is a lie and front and should not be used against him.  If you would not vote for Obama because "he's a Muslim" you're wrong.

I also agree... but like I said, I would hope one would think twice before voting for someone (running for the most powerful seat in our country) that terrorists openly support.

Offline Laggerzero  
#39 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 11:10:39 AM(UTC)
Laggerzero


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/13/2003(UTC)
Posts: 2,193
Location: United States, Georgia

Both of the parties today sicken me. I'm very tempted to not even vote this time around. All these candidates are awful. The Democratic party has become far too social and if the track continues we will start calling ourselves communists. The republican side is just as bad. Mccain is not a conservative (i wouldn't even consider him a republican). Everone is too wishy washy right now.

Offline Crisis Causer  
#40 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 11:23:00 AM(UTC)
Crisis Causer


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2002(UTC)
Posts: 1,652
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

It's only May, Laggerzero.  Nothing really happens until October.  The thing is that people have very short memories and forget that it is a marathon and not a sprint.  But regardless, it will not matter what a candidate does from April through November but merely in October/November.  As much as you shouldn't judge someone on the last few days, it seems like that's what people do.

Offline Laggerzero  
#41 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 11:28:13 AM(UTC)
Laggerzero


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/13/2003(UTC)
Posts: 2,193
Location: United States, Georgia

And with that said is our whole problem. Obama is too young for this kind of a job. He has only one term in the senate and THAT IS IT. Just because someone touts change these days makes them popular. We need to get our heads straight or our country will soon be overrun with Mexicans and then they will be running the show.
Offline willardcw4  
#42 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 2:16:54 PM(UTC)
willardcw4


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 257
Location: Nevada/Arizona

Laggerzero wrote:
And with that said is our whole problem. Obama is too young for this kind of a job. He has only one term in the senate and THAT IS IT. Just because someone touts change these days makes them popular. We need to get our heads straight or our country will soon be overrun with Mexicans and then they will be running the show.

Lol... true dat :)

Offline Savage Animal  
#43 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 8:29:07 PM(UTC)
Savage Animal


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 360
Location: Upstate New York

willardcw4 wrote:

[quote user="Laggerzero"]And with that said is our whole problem. Obama is too young for this kind of a job. He has only one term in the senate and THAT IS IT. Just because someone touts change these days makes them popular. We need to get our heads straight or our country will soon be overrun with Mexicans and then they will be running the show.

Lol... true dat :)

 

 Out of curiosity what happend to give us your tired, your week, your huddled masses? We are all descendent's of immigrants you know.

I don't like Obama for a whole set of other reasons, mostly including his stance on gun control. Also whether he is or isn't Muslim should have no bearing on his qualifications for being president. Muslims are not an enemy of the state. Just as there are radical Muslims there are radical Christians and every other creed known to man. 

Offline willardcw4  
#44 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 8:49:38 PM(UTC)
willardcw4


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 257
Location: Nevada/Arizona

Savage Animal wrote:
Muslims are not an enemy of the state. Just as there are radical Muslims there are radical Christians and every other creed known to man. 

Radical christians don't go out blowing up planes and buildings in western and judaic countries... radical muslims do. I consider them an enemy of the state. While Obama obviously isn't a radical muslim, the fact that radical muslims SUPPORT his run for candidacy worries me... plus, I disagree with most of the dem's policies anyway :)

Offline thcinthemembrane  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:17:27 AM(UTC)
thcinthemembrane


Rank: Member

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2008(UTC)
Posts: 10

I have a strong belief that obama saying that the people of flordia and michigan were not intelligent enough to know who they were voting for is an insult.   Everyone has the usa today, the internet, and the television they knew the issues.  If these two states were counted It would be a dead heat in delegates and popular votes and Clinton would have probably overtaken him in KY and WV also probably would have gotten more super's.  Is he saying about 1 million people randomly went to the polls and just randomly voted?  How insulting.

Users browsing this topic
6 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.