Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RFIRE15  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2007 12:47:47 PM(UTC)
RFIRE15

Groups: Registered

Been a long time fellas! Well as you might have noticed i've been out of it for quite a while so I am now asking you for a few suggestions.

My friend wants to upgrade a few things and I just want to make sure these are the best parts for the money we can get. He has a 7600gt so we'd like to get another to run them together using sli (never used before).

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 76...6 Video Card - Retail

Antec NeoHE 500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) ...00D2LLK2/2GN - Retail

ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI LGA 7... Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe ...BX80557E6600 - Retail

let me know what you think espically about the cpu motherboard combo to be using sli on the vc's. Power supply ok? How bout the memory... let me know, thanks guys.
Offline xtremeskier97  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2007 3:46:28 PM(UTC)
xtremeskier97

Looks like it will be a nice system. Is that the same make/model video card that he already has? If not, dont you have to have the same card, or is that for best performance? I would personally never use SLI...as it just isnt worth the cost vs. getting a single higher-end card.

Im doing an upgrade myself. E6420 (OCing it) and GA-965P-DS3 Motherboard from mwave.com, 2x1gb Crucial Ballistix that I snagged for $89.99 AR from buy.com

**EDIT**

Forgot to mention..the E6420s can hit over 3GHz and also has 4MB cache. If he's looking to save a bit of money and willing to OC a little (very easy to OC these C2Ds) then that could save about $40 off your total. Not to mention you can get cheaper memory that works just as well. Like this G.Skill memory that uses MicronD9 chips (VERY OCable) for 132.99 - $15.00 using EMC503DSKIL promo code.
Offline tee_castor  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 8:49:17 PM(UTC)
tee_castor

ya i agree with xtreme

you should go with a better gpu intead of doing sli. whats ur price range.
and it would really help if you listed what he is keeping as well as what ur looking for

i OCZ gold 2gb 1gb*2
is just a more trusted company and its only 10 more bux
Offline xtremeskier97  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2007 10:52:36 PM(UTC)
xtremeskier97

Id still go with the GSkill over the OCZ. The GSkill has tighter timings and it is a VERY REPUTABLE company. Sure they are newer to the business..but they have taken off like a rocket. And as far as warranty goes, it doesnt matter if you are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. owner..the warranty is still valid. I know first hand because I emailed them and asked them when I was looking to buy some used memory.

Just search around the net..you will see how many people love GSkill memory.