jonarbeiten
2006-08-24T07:32:47Z
Hallo, I bought several pieces to make a cheap hackintel (celeron d 2600 331 socket 775 with 775 matx intel asrock 775i65gv #i motherboard and other things). And then I realized I didn't buy a power supply

My question is: I have at home an old pentium 200 in working order, but not used. Is it possible to use its power supply (I think atx) for the celeron d? I don't know what wattage I need to make it work.

Thanks if someone can answer!
M47msm
2006-09-09T08:44:18Z
The Power Supply must be compatible w/the Motherboard.....not....the CPU....
The Power Supply has Connectors....
....2 x 12.......2 x 10......2 x 2.......Serial ATA.......Mini Drive......Drive Connectors.....
....then you may recieve some adapters in the Power Supply BOX......
.........................................................................................................................
a Motherboard that is a Gaming PC needs lots of WATTAGE....500 WATTS or more.....
your Celeron D may or may NOT be able to RUN Games.....I would suggest the Pentium....
for GAMERS....and RAM for GAMERS.....1-GB of RAM is like MiniMuM.....
..........................................................................................................................
Get a quality PC Power Supply.....somewhere around 100-dollars.....is considered moderately priced.