Ramman
  •  Ramman
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-05-12T08:24:54Z
I've been found out. My VPN is no longer a secret. While I was out of my office last week one of the little weasel IT punks (no offense to any of you who are IT, read on) that I wrote up twice for being an idiot, logged into my pc, found my VPN and turned me in.

The little fu#k had one more write up to go and I would have had him out of my hair. Now I'm waiting for the VP to call. I'm so pi$$ed :mad:.

The [censored]head better never let me catch him alone off work property.....

So Dante, I may be joining you on the trip to "never never land" of the justice system.
Sponsor
Dante
2003-05-12T08:30:57Z
Isn't that just great!

Don't you hate these office politics? People all go out of their way to try and [censored]each other over when all we gotta do is work together to [censored]over the boss. For some reason people never realize that it's us versus them. They try so hard to bump you out of the way on get on the bosses good side, but one day they WILL be sitting on the other side of that desk. It's just the way it works in the office world. So why be one of the [censored]ing lapdogs?
pmiot
2003-05-12T08:40:48Z
pardon my ignorance but whats a VPN?
RFIRE15
2003-05-12T10:24:45Z
virtual private network

sorry to hear that he ****ed ya... i'm sure it'll all come back to him
Synergy69
2003-05-12T13:29:45Z
What did you have a vpn setup for?
ThaMan24
2003-05-12T14:32:14Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Ramman
I've been found out. My VPN is no longer a secret. While I was out of my office last week one of the little weasel IT punks (no offense to any of you who are IT, read on) that I wrote up twice for being an idiot, logged into my pc, found my VPN and turned me in.

The little fu#k had one more write up to go and I would have had him out of my hair. Now I'm waiting for the VP to call. I'm so pi$$ed :mad:.

The [censored]head better never let me catch him alone off work property.....

So Dante, I may be joining you on the trip to "never never land" of the justice system.

I'm sorry but that's just tooo funny!!! First question is: Did you lock your puter when you left the office. Second, if you did he would have had Admin rights to log you off and knowing that you are logged on why does he have the authority to logg you off. You may have been working on something???
Richard12
2003-05-12T15:09:58Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Synergy69
What did you have a vpn setup for?

I am pretty sure because they restricted web-browsing to some extent.
Synergy69
2003-05-12T15:22:22Z
Sounds to me, and im not judging here is that you were caught running something you shouldnt have. How did he get into your pc to find this out in the firstplace?
FiYoG
2003-05-12T15:40:36Z
Bummer man Weasels...they're freaking everywhere! I'd say 1 for every 2 people I've worked with have tried to get me in trouble for some petty crap :rolleyes: I'm trying to find a good self-employment career...
ThaMan24
2003-05-12T17:41:13Z
Quote:

Originally posted by FiYoG
Bummer man Weasels...they're freaking everywhere! I'd say 1 for every 2 people I've worked with have tried to get me in trouble for some petty crap :rolleyes: I'm trying to find a good self-employment career...

If you find one let me know. I'm getting out of the AF next year.
Icebane
2003-05-12T21:13:55Z
Screw That Ramman... I'd kill that little [censored] if I were you... You can explain you wern't running anything out of it, just using it to vieew this forum... Hopefully the VP is a dumbarse and doesn't know **** about computers...

But the seems to only be a Presidents disease

Good Luck mate
Ramman
  •  Ramman
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-05-14T07:54:39Z
The little fu*k is out of my hair. He has been terminated with extreme prejudice I got my wrist slapped for setting up the VPN, officially. Unofficially, the VP laughed his a$$ off. He wondered how long it would take someone to get around their monitoring.

It appears that sh*thead got ahold of the admins password and has been getting into several of our pc's. Since I was trying to get rid of him he decided to get into mine to see what he could find. HE found the VPN and turned me in. Too damn bad it backfired in his face

For those of you who questioned why I had the VPN, it was not for any illegal activity. It was just to get around the corporate monitoring. Well I guess that could be construed as "illegal"
Dante
2003-05-14T08:57:44Z
You should still set the building on fire... just for general purposes.
Icebane
2003-05-14T09:31:49Z
Damn, that little prick got his own... Nice
shawn_5_o
2003-05-14T13:07:13Z
Sweet, glad to hear it turned out ok. I was worried about your job status for a little while there. Whew!