Thunder Chunks
2003-04-25T11:57:02Z
I'm currently using Sound Max Audio and I'm probably going to update to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card.

Stupid as it sounds im not so worried about the sound improvements (though this of course will be nice) but I need to know ifupdating the card will force any noticeable improvement on my system overall?

Ive recently updated my gc to a Ti4800 se which has helped no end when it comes to improving the graphics (the geforce 2 mx440 was struggling large!!!) but I still find I'm getting severe slow down and often freezing when playing games like BF1942. This normally happens when multiple commands are being issued or Ive just swallowed a grenade....

Will updating the sound card help to put an end to such issues? Any positive suggestions will keep the owner of the local hardware emporium fed for the next week.

P4, 1.7ghz, 512mb sdram, Chaintech ti4800se gc.
Sponsor
Aevron
2003-04-25T12:53:23Z
I think the problems happening in BF1942 are a result of a bottleneck with using SDRAM RAM with a P4. Upgrading your RAM to good quality DDR RAM should solve that problem, but may require a motherboard upgrade if your current one does not support DDR.

As for your sound card, I've heard a lot of good things about the Audigy 2, and I do plan to buy one over the summer to replace my TBSC. I won't be able to help you in that department until I've tested the card myself, though.