RFIRE15
2003-05-16T19:05:14Z
Quote:

Originally posted by clee2000
Damn.....U guys have been taunting at my aging IT7 with your latest Barton chip, Radeon 9800 Pro etc etc etc......and I know I'm loosing ground in 3dMark2003, 3Dmark2001SE and whatnot..

but when it comes to PCMark2002, I still own..

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=956765 

and that's 5 months old...

please make sure to let me know when you can beat that.

good night

It's on punk!!!
clee
  •  clee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-05-17T22:18:42Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Jordan Russell
I may have an old macine but I'm proud of my HD score
Jordan

For 1082, that's a darn good score bro, but then again U've got 1 of the best HDDs available today anyway.

Quote:

Originally posted by RFIRE15
It's on punk!!!

I'll be waiting punk

Quote:

Originally posted by pcthuglife
dear lord clee that mem score is insane for old school single channel ddr :eek:

it's only a # game, don't worry much about that Steve, this benchmark merely tests the data transfer btwn the MCH to the CPU and any Intel rig will have upper hand:
1.Netburst architeucture replies on long pipline and cache manupilation, it can always swallow up more bandwidth than AMD can, period.
2. Even if you can hit 10K memory score with your Barton core ( you won't), it won't improve much cuz it's system bus is still limited to 333.
3. Your mem. score of 6307 translates into a memory bus of DDR400-ish( right ?), the memory efficiency of your rig is MORE EFFECTIVE than mine cuz it completes more work per clock cycle, even at lower fsb.

i845D is old school technology but it still holds it's own when it comes to MCH. The i850(RDRAM) is even older but it's head and shoulder above single ch. ddr. Of course it pales in comparison to Canterwood. This is only a number game, it's the overall sys. performance that counts.Be happy with yours.....but you "really" need better HD m8

anyway we'll be drivuing up to Vancouver Canada in a cpl of hrs for the long wkend, hope to see higher #s nxt wk, see ya'll
peg
  •  peg
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-05-18T00:23:47Z
Quote:

Originally posted by pcthuglife

stupid slow old crappy hard drive....

Nice mem score for an AMD.... can see the Barton flexing it's muscles.
clee
  •  clee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-05-21T04:45:26Z
Quote:

Originally posted by peg
Nice mem score for an AMD.... can see the Barton flexing it's muscles.

Yes it is.

Sorry for making such a nonsense post( not my style ) but I just have to.....I am "finally" a member of the millenium club and beating everone ( on this thread lol ) in post count.

g. nite
pcthuglife
2003-05-21T10:38:50Z
ive decided what i want my next upgrade to be, all this wasted money on video cards and cpu's has done nothing for my hard drive performance. And seeing as how HDD speed really factors in to real world use (shutters at the thought of a 5400rpm hard drive). I think im gonna deck out my comp's hard drive performance. I figure my birthday is in less than 2 months, Ill make my girlfriend buy me the NF7-S, my parents can get me a WD RAPTOR, and with the money i get from grandparents and what not I'll buy myself a 2nd raptor and stripe the 2 10,000prm raptors in a SATA RAID config.

My HDD score would be off da hizzle fo shizzle

BTW thanks for the compliments on my system, too bad I can only hit a 188fsb and Ray's mem score ownz me on SiSoft :mad:
RFIRE15
2003-05-21T10:59:28Z
don't you worry... in a month probably, i'll be up there closing in with post count..hehe

are you sure that barton isn't unlocked in your mobo??