BoostedPenguin
2003-04-21T18:56:51Z
I go to a new pc store that opened coupe weeks ago called pc club computers.

I walk in and most of the **** there sellin is msi(GHEY) ne ways,
i go in and im lookin at the ppl that are workin inthere, and like wtf, they look like they dont know **** bout computer hardware or nothin to do with computers.

So go to the owner, A nice lookin black guy, So i ask if they have apps. he says we accept resume, im like wtf im onyl 16 i dont have a resume lol. So i go ok.

i go home and put up word, and think.

so anyways. i go back 4 hours later, and give him, so my astonishment his eyes get big, and looks at me, and i just smile, He says " were callin ppl in next week, so expect are call", So i go thanks and proceed to leave. And i hear him say wait. i say yes? He says "sales or tech" i said Both

So yea wish me luck and i hope he calls!

This is what i came out with. i think its quite professional.
He asked for a resume and i gave him one
Sponsor
BoostedPenguin
2003-04-21T19:11:06Z
Oh yes that is beta form of it, i tightned it up a bit, underlined, bold ect. on some ****.
Dazz
  •  Dazz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-04-21T19:16:08Z
Heres mine as a template if you like, it's alittle funky due to it being converted from a MS word document.
BoostedPenguin
2003-04-21T19:39:40Z
pretty spiffy, i like that opening, always good to hit em with big words
Heavertron
2003-04-21T20:07:51Z
Quote:

Originally posted by BoostedPenguin
pretty spiffy, i like that opening, always good to hit em with big words

Big words are good.

A C.V. (or resume) should use very formal language.

There are loads of guides out there on how to write one. You should also be taught this at school. If you haven't yet, ask a teacher about it.

Good luck.
RFIRE15
2003-04-21T20:27:52Z
here is my objective on my resume...hehe
A position with a dynamic organization providing the opportunity to contribute by utilizing experience, training and capabilities in IT Management and Network Management.
Dazz
  •  Dazz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2003-04-23T05:59:08Z
Objective: Sell yourself, but then again if you do that you might as become a salesmen
BoostedPenguin
2003-04-23T08:02:25Z
Hey i wouldnt care, im only 16, and to have a job to do with computers is a dream.

Most are workin at burger joints, food stores, etc etc.

I always thought it would of been horrible workin 5-8 hours servin food, ew, I hate food already. Workin around it would of been horible.
The_Punisher29
2003-04-23T11:56:13Z
If you want a job you write in your resume:

I want to change the world my own way.

ANd bang you've got the job !!!
Playa16
2003-04-25T11:07:18Z
Quote:

Originally posted by BoostedPenguin
Hey i wouldnt care, im only 16, and to have a job to do with computers is a dream.

Most are workin at burger joints, food stores, etc etc.

I always thought it would of been horrible workin 5-8 hours servin food, ew, I hate food already. Workin around it would of been horible.

hey I am almost in the same s[censored]s as you

I am 15.5 years old and I am (most likely) getting a job as an apprentice computer tech at this computer store that sells and repairs computers. Its kinda funny tho... there are only 2 people that work there. the owner is 80 years old!!! his right hand man is 63 1/2years old! They have been working there since 1984!!! how did I (mostly likely) get a job there???

last month I was hunting around for ISA video card and and a some cheap PC-100 (cause my PC-133 chip when up in smoke,, STUPID POWER SURGES!) I found a comp place in a little warehouse and walked in. I was greeted by a really old man with WHITE hair. he was like welcome to blah blah blah blah how can I help you?
I asked him for what I needed. when I told him why he looked at me a little strange, then get them for me. he asked whos computer(s) that I was repairing.
I just said mine. then he asked how I came upon these computers.
I told him, I had built them. then he smiled and asked if i was looking for work this summer.
I said yes and he asked 'how would you like to work at here'.
I was like ' that would be great.'
then his asked my age, where I lived, my phone #. and then he said, be expecting a call in june!

heh I hope I get that call as well. It would be a dream to get a job at a computer store at my age.

PS: thats right I lied I am not old enough to drive but I still drive without even taking drivers ed!
Dante
2003-04-25T13:45:01Z
I wouldn't mind working with computer components all day. But those retail jobs pay [censored]and to do something professional I'd have to have a degree in the crap. I never plan to go to school for computers so I guess that idea is out the window.
RFIRE15
2003-04-25T13:57:59Z
pcthug and i don't have a degree..or any certs, and we both have a "professinal" computer job
pcthuglife
2003-04-25T14:09:12Z
Richard12
2003-04-25T14:18:08Z
If you get the job it will be very nice, if they like you a lot they may even consider selling the business to you in a couple years if they feel like they can't handle it anymore.

Are their prices good?
BoostedPenguin
2003-04-25T14:18:46Z
hey i dont care what iget paid as long as its minuim wage or higher, im workin with computers and not with burgers.