Icebane
  •  Icebane
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-03-23T21:16:17Z

What the ehell does this mean???

Installs on Recommended, But Fails On Full.. Half way through the game I get another error telling me something like Prematurly aborted or some crap!
MonkeyMan
2003-03-24T06:25:38Z
Well a CRC error occurs when the file is not the correct size or is corrupted. You tend to get it on compressed files you download etc. My guess would be that your CD is scratched or damaged in the area containing AREA000C.bif. If you just bought it I'd get a replacement copy. Other than that you may want to try copying the entire cd to your hdd, and getting some kind person to replace AREA000C.bif for you. I believe if you check the back of your manual there will be a replacement CD policy also. One thing to note is if you own the game it is not illegal for you to get a friend to give you a replacement disk. If you could get a full install done properly, it would probably work fine because only the version on your CD would be in trouble.

If you have another CD drive lying around somewhere you may want to try it in that, some are better at coping than others. If your disk or drive is dirty this could happen too, but it's likely it would have obvious trouble reading from it.
Icebane
  •  Icebane
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-03-24T06:47:04Z
Thanks alot... Know anyone who has this file?

But how will i get the file to run in the installation?
MonkeyMan
2003-03-24T09:08:33Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Icebane
Thanks alot... Know anyone who has this file?

But how will i get the file to run in the installation?

Really depends. If you have the space on your hdd, copy all the files from all the cds onto a partition. Then run the install from there. Often the install will have no idea its not on a CD and work great, then you just do a normal install and be ok that you've lost 600meg. Could work out quite difficult if this doesn't work. To be honest you probably need to find someone else with the game and come to some kind of arrangement unless you can repair the file somehow. Does the cd surface look scratched or dirty? you can buy a kit the grinds a tiny layer of the CD surface and repairs scratches. I've heard good things.
Icebane
  •  Icebane
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2003-03-24T18:28:34Z
No the cd isn't scratched... Plsu I copied it and it had the same error