GnuHard
  •  GnuHard
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-08-15T21:09:14Z
I was reading earlier that Foxconn Electronics saw 7%+ growth in July. But on the hardware sites all I see are MSI, Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, Biostar Supermicro.
Sponsor
toby5
2017-08-15T21:46:11Z

I was reading earlier that Foxconn Electronics saw 7%+ growth in July. But on the hardware sites all I see are MSI, Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte, Biostar Supermicro.

From what I have seen, Foxconn only does business with other businesses. These other companies are consumer friendly so therefore those companies would be the bread and butter of all the hardware sites. So it wouldn't really be benificial for these sites to post anything unless it was any type of major announcement.
digitaldd
2017-08-16T12:42:10Z
Toby5 is correct. Foxconn does things like manufacture iPod/iPad/iPhones for Apple. Gaming systems for Sony, Nintendo, & Microsoft. Also hardware devices for Amazon (Kindle /Fire /etc.) TVs for Sony, Sharp, and Toshiba. Phones for Nokia, Motorola and Huawei, and networking equipment for Cisco.

I am probably missing a bunch too.

GnuHard
  •  GnuHard
  • 64.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-08-22T11:33:18Z
Interesting, I took a look at eBay after I read that article and, like back in 2000 --- I built two Foxconn/Windows/for students boxes --- there are plenty of Foxconn boards.