Device Unknown
2016-04-24T08:14:00Z
http://wccftech.com/amd-...fiji-fury-graphics-card/ 

I'm really curious what you guys think about the $1500 price tag. To be honest I have never used a dual GPU/single card setup. SLI/Crossfire yes.

Those that have, do you see any real benefits to a single card/dual GPU setup?

I guess I'll have to wait and see benchmark results. But there is so much more to consider.

Moterboard PCIe lane availability, power consumption etc. I fear that if one GPU goes bad you're out both, vs. a SLI/X-Fire setup.

What's your opinion?

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-24T14:20:49Z
I'd assume the card is for content creators. It seems just a little expensive, so I'd go with a 980Ti lol
fortunz
2016-04-24T16:07:15Z
I imagine one benefit to this vs. a single fury is you could double up how much total power you can fit in your case. If before the most power you could cram on a motherboard was two single fijis, now you could put two double fijis instead.

I rarely ever have even a single discrete GPU, I game on an APU now. But I like to read about some of these $5K gaming rigs whenever someone builds one. This seems like whatever else its for, someone is bound to build a couple into one of those.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-24T17:06:17Z

I imagine one benefit to this vs. a single fury is you could double up how much total power you can fit in your case. If before the most power you could cram on a motherboard was two single fijis, now you could put two double fijis instead.

I rarely ever have even a single discrete GPU, I game on an APU now. But I like to read about some of these $5K gaming rigs whenever someone builds one. This seems like whatever else its for, someone is bound to build a couple into one of those.

Why an APU if I may ask?

James@PCPosh
2016-04-24T18:30:19Z
Great, and now I have to buy 4 of these... Hooray...
fortunz
2016-04-24T19:15:02Z

Why an APU if I may ask?

It's a great low cost, low power, low heat, low noise package.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-24T19:39:18Z

Great, and now I have to buy 4 of these... Hooray...

What?