Blackhawk8100
2016-05-06T00:46:29Z

Well I appreciate the vote of confidence but as we all know by now that didn't happen, if you know of anything other giveaways or contests that I may have not entered as of yet, please don't hesitate to send up a smoke signal and let me know anyway you can including Tweet to me I'm @24strand. Thanks

Well, the MOBO giveaway is happening right now, and there'll be more contests this summer. Hold on! 😃

Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-05-06T03:24:16Z
It's not me that has to old on it's this old beat up PC lol but thanks
Blackhawk8100
2016-05-06T11:52:04Z

It's not me that has to old on it's this old beat up PC lol but thanks

lol, nice. Don't kill it or anything xD

Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-05-07T01:19:00Z
I'll do my best not to take too many chances, that means I can't overheat the GPU too much means not too much gaming that raises the temp consistently past 100 Cel, or it might not be able to be re-flowed and finding a replacement is very hard and costly. :sad:
tmanvest
2016-05-07T02:21:46Z
sim i think the c90s is a laptop board. It could also be a specially made board for desktops but i has unable to find one in my searches. If i could know the specific cpu model you have i may be able to assist you in an upgrade plan(i would send you a pc partpicker list). That way if you dont win the next contest you could budget and build a system to play the games you like.
Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-05-14T01:23:20Z

sim i think the c90s is a laptop board. It could also be a specially made board for desktops but i has unable to find one in my searches. If i could know the specific cpu model you have i may be able to assist you in an upgrade plan(i would send you a pc partpicker list). That way if you dont win the next contest you could budget and build a system to play the games you like.

Yes the C90S/C90P are both laptop boards technically the C90 is a Desktop Replacement given the fact that it uses a Desktop CPU. The CPU that is presently in the C90P is a Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHZ, as for the Quad core that is supposed to work it's Xeon L5430 (2,66 Ghz quadcore with only 50w TDP needs a 771-775 adapter, no big deal there, the thing is I will be able to run a faster processor and up to 8 GB of memory, but I will still be stuck with the same old tired graphics card unless I get lucky enough to find a Nvidia 9600, supposedly better, or I'm willing to shell out over a 100 bucks to mod the heat sink cooling system of the present equipment and then I would have to shell out close to another 100 bucks for a at least 1 GB graphics card, but if the Quad Core works, at least my speed will increase and memory one I install more modules. So I realize it's more cost effective to go with a modern build, only took me 2 years to come to that realization, I'm a stubborn mule when it comes to upgrades and spending money. Anyhow there is a poor man's approach where by taking an existing small form factor PC like the Dell Optiplex 390 you can throw in a i5 processor more memory and play fall out 4 or GTA V at decent settings, but I'm open to all ideas. Thanks sorry for the late reply, been still having problems getting online and finding the time to 🙂 Oh BTW I was incorrect it was not an external GPU that he blew it up with it was Geforce FX 3700M internal card he was trying to mod in.