Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T21:47:25Z
I have been doing some research on fan cooled cards vs, the ones that don't have fans and there are mixed opinions, fan cooled uses more power, no fan cooled is less noisy. My thoughts are if you are going to be doing any kind of intense regular work especially gaming you need fan cooled, but then there is always the chance the fan will break down and you will have to replace the whole card, what do you think, fan cooled or not?

Thanks

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-05T22:15:06Z
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 

I have been doing some research on fan cooled cards vs, the ones that don't have fans and there are mixed opinions, fan cooled uses more power, no fan cooled is less noisy. My thoughts are if you are going to be doing any kind of intense regular work especially gaming you need fan cooled, but then there is always the chance the fan will break down and you will have to replace the whole card, what do you think, fan cooled or not?

Thanks

Have you looked into liquid cooled?

Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-06T04:27:16Z
Yes as I mentioned in the other thread and it's a little bit scary but I might give it a shot with the right case. I didn't realize that liquid cooled keeps the graphics card cool as well, that would eliminate the need for a fan cooled card then?
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-06T13:20:38Z
Originally Posted by: Sim_8_3 

Yes as I mentioned in the other thread and it's a little bit scary but I might give it a shot with the right case. I didn't realize that liquid cooled keeps the graphics card cool as well, that would eliminate the need for a fan cooled card then?

It doesn't automatically keep the card cool, you would need a special water block for it, but it would allow for you to only need fans on the radiator and in the front and back of the case 😛