starwhite
2016-08-01T21:32:56Z
You guys have some great ideas here. My next PC will probably be a customized steam box. I like the idea of having my rig more compact. My current PC is a huge tower, so the idea appeals to me greatly. You can always add an external video card too.
Sim_8_3
  •  Sim_8_3
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-08-02T00:59:11Z
I haven't had a tower in years, I like the compact idea as well, but the problem is space to breathe especially cooling of GPUs big issue for box type rigs, I'm thinking I will stick with mid towers for now too much grief with overheating GPUs for me.
digitaldd
2016-08-02T16:42:05Z
Maybe if you want to keep the footprint small you go with one of those Skylake NUCs which have Thunderbolt 3 and connect a PCIe card externally in an external box, like some of the ultrabooks are able to do.
rosietesmen
2016-08-20T10:27:39Z
In my last 15 years of exposure to computers I have never bought an OEM (pre-assembled) PC. Although things are changing with new AIO (all-in-one) PCs but still one can not beat the sheer pleasure and bang of the buck you get by assembling your own PC. It gives you a sense of better ownership as you get to know each component individually working with others to give you the optimum experience as a whole. Also, it is easy to troubleshoot issues if any ever come up in your own built machine.
Der Meister
2016-08-21T04:16:53Z
I've done my own builds with custom WC loops in the past, they are fun to create and plan. Though I also enjoy my closed loop Corsair system I have now. I've watered everything other then the GPU, the WC block was just to expensive for a 680GTX..lol