fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-04T19:47:48Z
I've been rewatching my favorite defective detective lately: Monk.
jeffery.pruett.1
2016-04-04T19:59:28Z
Donald Trump :grin:
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-05T00:01:26Z
CSGO MLG Columbus Tournament, first NA $1m tourney 😛
fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T01:34:24Z
I know it's a growing pass time, but I never quite understood watching people play for fun (as opposed to seeing what the game is like so you know whether to buy or not). But then I never understood sports or reality tv either, and cool people don't seem to understand my love of scifi either. To each their own.
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-05T01:57:21Z
Originally Posted by: fortunz 

I know it's a growing pass time, but I never quite understood watching people play for fun (as opposed to seeing what the game is like so you know whether to buy or not). But then I never understood sports or reality tv either, and cool people don't seem to understand my love of scifi either. To each their own.

It is finding a good team and following them. I think people enjoy watching other peoples' talents and such 😛

fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T02:10:48Z
Of course most people like that. I named the two of the most popular things to watch, sports and reality tv when I related them to watching eSports. It's hard to throw a rock without hitting someone watching one of them. But I've tried before just because people said it would become fun. Watched the Bulls a couple of decades ago, the Rangers after that, the Kansas City Chiefs after that, I just gave up. Couldn't make myself care about a bunch of strangers having fun I could be having myself. Same principle for video games.

I've met some people like me who get around that lack of interest by gambling on the outcome, and I can certainly imagine how that would make it more interesting, but it sounds like an expensive pass time.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-05T02:19:27Z

Of course most people like that. I named the two of the most popular things to watch, sports and reality tv when I related them to watching eSports. It's hard to throw a rock without hitting someone watching one of them. But I've tried before just because people said it would become fun. Watched the Bulls a couple of decades ago, the Rangers after that, the Kansas City Chiefs after that, I just gave up. Couldn't make myself care about a bunch of strangers having fun I could be having myself. Same principle for video games.

I've met some people like me who get around that lack of interest by gambling on the outcome, and I can certainly imagine how that would make it more interesting, but it sounds like an expensive pass time.

It all kinda depends, mainly you have to play or do whatever you are watching to have a good grasp on it and enjoy it 😛 I think that is what makes eSports and sports tick for TV viewers

fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T02:30:12Z
I did like doing all those things, I just never enjoyed watching strangers do them. On the other hand, I love watching ocean documentaries on PBS and I have absolutely no desire to spend time on the ocean (unless it is in a video game, I liked diving for treasure in Morrowind). I'd rather watch someone else swim with the sharks.
fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T18:38:51Z
Much of what Monk does amuses me, but his sensibilities as to what to be offended by and what to be flattered by get the most chuckles.

Captain Leland Stottlemeyer (While bemoaning a recent cold streak at work): I don't mind living in your shadow, Monk, you're a freak of nature.

Adrian Monk (earnestly): Thank you.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-05T19:37:59Z

Much of what Monk does amuses me, but his sensibilities as to what to be offended by and what to be flattered by get the most chuckles.

Captain Leland Stottlemeyer (While bemoaning a recent cold streak at work): I don't mind living in your shadow, Monk, you're a freak of nature.

Adrian Monk (earnestly): Thank you.

What?

fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-05T22:48:32Z
It's a quote from an episode of monk I saw the other day.
Blackhawk8100
2016-04-06T00:53:22Z
Never seen the show...humph.
fortunz
  •  fortunz
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2016-04-06T01:27:30Z
It's a little like Sherlock except instead of a drug-addled narcissist, he's an emotionally needy obsessive compulsively fear-addled narcissist and instead of Watson, his assistant is a little less useful.