mastersson
2015-10-20T16:54:01Z
http://rog.asus.com/4463...ptop-with-water-cooling/ 

I would presume this will be come out around the same wee/month as the anniversary (10years) of ASUS's ROG range of notebooks and peripherals.

Sponsor
StaticFX
2015-10-20T17:02:02Z
not sure it can be classified as a laptop/notebook anymore lol... at what point do you then say... i shouldve gotten a desktop
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-20T17:46:42Z
Wow, that thing looks insane!

Also, did anyone notice the OP registered in 2006, and Today (9 years later) was his first post?!?! 😮

StaticFX
2015-10-20T18:43:15Z
LOL no... now THAT is a long time lurker!
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-20T19:53:37Z

LOL no... now THAT is a long time lurker!

That's gotta be a record! We need to get this man (or woman) a trophy or something! lol

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-20T19:53:54Z
You know, a water cooled laptop A. is an accident waiting to happen and B. No longer a laptop, it is a wettop or something, there needs to be a new word for it.
coffeeIsLife
2015-10-21T01:02:54Z
I think water cooling is cool as ****. The specs are pretty ridiculous, so water cooling isn't exactly crazy, it's just new because it's technically still just a laptop. Really, the only possible annoying thing I could say about water cooling is the occasional maintenance, but it's not a huge deal.
Blackhawk8100
2015-10-21T02:11:39Z

I think water cooling is cool as ****. The specs are pretty ridiculous, so water cooling isn't exactly crazy, it's just new because it's technically still just a laptop. Really, the only possible annoying thing I could say about water cooling is the occasional maintenance, but it's not a huge deal.

Theoretically this unlocks a lot of potential for laptops that wasn't accessible before. The things you usually associate with laptops, such as high temperatures, thermal throttling and several other things will be negated by this if implemented correctly. With this though, it makes the laptop less portable. My question is,"Can a user detach the water cooling block and return to a normal heat-sink or something of the like so the heat is dispersed naturally?" This would create a pivotal addition to the laptop scene. We will have to see eh?

JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-21T02:20:53Z
im not hating but it kinda looks ridiculous. sure the performance is great but too bulky for a laptop. i would just build an mini itx rig with that amount of money . it would be really cool if you can actually detach that gtx 980 (since it is not the M version) and somehow use it one of your pc lol.
coffeeIsLife
2015-10-21T02:25:19Z

Theoretically this unlocks a lot of potential for laptops that wasn't accessible before. The things you usually associate with laptops, such as high temperatures, thermal throttling and several other things will be negated by this if implemented correctly. With this though, it makes the laptop less portable. My question is,"Can a user detach the water cooling block and return to a normal heat-sink or something of the like so the heat is dispersed naturally?" This would create a pivotal addition to the laptop scene. We will have to see eh?

I had actually had the same thought: if I could detach the water-cooling mechanism for portability, this would be perfect — I'm not going to constantly need water cooling.

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-21T02:25:55Z

im not hating but it kinda looks ridiculous. sure the performance is great but too bulky for a laptop. i would just build an mini itx rig with that amount of money . it would be really cool if you can actually detach that gtx 980 (since it is not the M version) and somehow use it one of your pc lol.

This is what I was wondering, and it is a good question xD

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-21T02:33:17Z
This watercooling solution eliminates the portability of the laptop... if you're going to do that, you would be better off getting this...

http://www.pcworld.com/a...th-titan-x-graphics.html 

Blackhawk8100
2015-10-21T02:38:53Z

This watercooling solution eliminates the portability of the laptop... if you're going to do that, you would be better off getting this...

http://www.pcworld.com/a...th-titan-x-graphics.html 

I mentioned that in my post. Maybe you'll be able to take the block off 😛

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2015-10-21T02:45:27Z

I mentioned that in my post. Maybe you'll be able to take the block off :P

Ehhh??? Mentioned the Alienware Amplifier??? Maybe I'm just blind and missed it... but i dont think so.

JJr mentioned removing the GTX980 and i provided the solution 🙂 you can put any video card you want into this thing...

JJr
  •  JJr
  • 100% (Exalted)
2015-10-21T02:51:45Z

Ehhh??? Mentioned the Alienware Amplifier??? Maybe I'm just blind and missed it... but i dont think so.

JJr mentioned removing the GTX980 and i provided the solution 🙂 you can put any video card you want into this thing...

i havent really actually thought of that . imagine putting a titan instead. that would be crazy.