venser
  •  venser
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Member Topic Starter
2015-05-19T08:28:51Z
I'm not sure if it's just me or what exactly, but each time I view a story through either here or the Hothardware facebook the site will either crash or reload itself constantly. This only happens when I am viewing the blogs on my phone which is a Galaxy S5 Active. When I browse the site on my old mac laptop it runs just fine.

It's not a big deal when it refreshes itself, but often times it will just lock up for about 1 minute and then decides to close itself and when I search for the story I was just on it's like it never existed and I am unable to find it again.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Sponsor
Blackhawk8100
2015-05-19T11:30:50Z
Maybe it is the phone. See if you can update the phones browser or install Chrome on the phone.
AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2015-05-19T11:57:10Z

I'm not sure if it's just me or what exactly, but each time I view a story through either here or the Hothardware facebook the site will either crash or reload itself constantly. This only happens when I am viewing the blogs on my phone which is a Galaxy S5 Active. When I browse the site on my old mac laptop it runs just fine.

It's not a big deal when it refreshes itself, but often times it will just lock up for about 1 minute and then decides to close itself and when I search for the story I was just on it's like it never existed and I am unable to find it again.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Hmmm... Might be the way the site is designed. Auto-refreshing and non-optimization can be a pain for mobile web-browsers. I find HotHardware's mobile design to be pleasant but the site needs to be better optimized.

If it's not that, it could be the Disqus implementation they're using; I've had times where it has not loaded at all.

Blackhawk8100
2015-05-19T20:33:08Z
Mobile Google Chrome!
StaticFX
2016-04-06T13:02:50Z
you are not alone. I get this in chrome on my desktop. Although it does not crash, the site will auto reload every so often. I will be typing a comment and BOOM refresh! thankfully it saves what I have typed so far.

No clue as to why. I bet there is some code in the page to do it.

Blackhawk8100
2016-04-06T13:13:50Z

you are not alone. I get this in chrome on my desktop. Although it does not crash, the site will auto reload every so often. I will be typing a comment and BOOM refresh! thankfully it saves what I have typed so far.

No clue as to why. I bet there is some code in the page to do it.

My theory is that it refreshes so the user can see new comments from Disqus, even though it auto-updates. It may be old code from before Disqus 😛