aXela
  •  aXela
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2014-12-17T13:16:49Z
Hi,

I want to buy a smartphone for my mom as her old mobile phone isn't working anymore.

Do you have any idea which phone is the best for a beginner? As she isn't the best when understanding technology, the phone should be quite simple. You know, she will should use it for call, messages and some apps.

StaticFX
2014-12-17T13:27:28Z
for ease of use... iPhone is the way to go. if my wife can figure it out, anyone can 🙂
steve2nd
2014-12-21T20:25:44Z
agree .. iPhone easy operation UserPostedImage
choppanator
2014-12-22T21:25:49Z
Get her a Moto G 2014 or a used Moto X 2013. They are $150-180 unlocked. I don't think the "iOS is easier than Android" argument holds any water since KitKat. They are both easy to use.
StaticFX
2014-12-23T16:22:05Z
i think the main difference is the settings. iOS keeps all settings in one location... Android can be in settings, or in the app, or.. wherever! make it much more complicated for a non techie person.
Manduh
  •  Manduh
  • 83.75% (Honored)
  • Advanced Member
2014-12-24T02:46:16Z
Originally Posted by: aXela 

Hi,

I want to buy a smartphone for my mom as her old mobile phone isn't working anymore.

Do you have any idea which phone is the best for a beginner? As she isn't the best when understanding technology, the phone should be quite simple. You know, she will should use it for call, messages and some apps.

Androids these days are really easy (it's usually my first auggestion) and iOS has always been fairly easy (my first smart phone was the first iPhone). Another option is possibly a Windows phone if she has used Windows 8 they pretty much go together.

The best option though would be to go with something you are familiar with so it would be easier to help her learn.

StaticFX
2014-12-29T01:01:31Z
Originally Posted by: Manduh 

Androids these days are really easy (it's usually my first auggestion) and iOS has always been fairly easy (my first smart phone was the first iPhone). Another option is possibly a Windows phone if she has used Windows 8 they pretty much go together.

The best option though would be to go with something you are familiar with so it would be easier to help her learn.

as much as people say "WHATT!!???" Windows phone is a really good choice.

lordoftherigs
2015-01-04T20:15:46Z
What's her old phone? Well if it's Samsung then might as well get a Samsung smartphone. Some settings actually still resemble the non-smartphones, but it'll help if you take her to the store and allow her to have a feel on which could be user-friendly for her.
beforunet
2015-06-18T04:03:53Z
I think iphone is difficult for me to use. I like le smartphone Androit.

coque samsung galaxy s6  coque galaxy s6 

Blackhawk8100
2015-06-19T02:10:42Z
PSSST! TracFone 🙂