News
  •  News
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2014-09-25T16:53:31Z
It appears that “Bendgate” is not as big an issue as some are claiming. At least that is what Apple is saying. Recently, rumors and claims came to the forefront regarding consumers who had bent their iPhone 6 Plus simply by carrying it in their front or back pockets. According to Apple, it says that only nine people, out of the millions who have purchased the device, have complained about their phones being bent.

"iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus feature a precision engineered unibody enclosure constructed from machining a custom grade of 6000 series anodized aluminum, which is tempered for extra strength," says a statement that Apple released to multiple news outlets. "They also feature stainless steel and titanium inserts to reinforce high stress locations and use the strongest glass in the smartphone industry."

Image Credit: Unbox Therapy 

Apple went on to point out that it performs “rigorous tests throughout the entire development cycle including 3-point bending” before it concluded, “With normal use a bend in the iPhone is extremely rare and through our first six days of sales, a total of nine customers have contacted Apple with a bent iPhone 6 Plus.”

What is interesting about the entire affair is Apple’s quick response to “Bendgate.” An issue that the company would normally stay silent about.

Do you think there is more to “Bendgate” and that it could be a bigger problem than Apple is admitting?
sevags
  •  sevags
  • 53.25% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2014-09-25T17:57:03Z

It is definitely a bigger problem then they admit. Why would Apple respond SO soon to just 9 people with a bent phone when only 9 most likely means it was some sort of mishandling of the users when the well KNOWN iPhone 5 battery issue took them 2 years to acknowledge and fix!!?!?!? Is there any way to verify if there have been only 9 cases of this?

RiCoFrost
2014-09-25T19:40:31Z

I have to say its only a low number, so that people wont stop buying the 6 plus.

SeanDKnight
2014-09-25T21:07:06Z

Only way to verify if there are more than nine people is if everyone, who experiences the issue, posts YouTube videos of themselves with the bent iPhone 6 Plus.

SeanDKnight
2014-09-25T21:07:42Z

Is there anything that would stop an Apple fanboy from buying their iPhones? :)

RiCoFrost
2014-09-27T00:18:21Z

Not at all, when people asking what the iPhone 6 is like, i hand them my Samsung Ativ S and saying its pretty much exactly like this only with a faster CPU 😛 I then tell them my phone is 2 yrs old hehehe

LincolnCartmanHaugen
2014-09-28T01:12:41Z

Me, mom, dad and my 4 brothers and 2 sisters.. World? No one else?

JordanCollins
2014-09-28T14:09:34Z

9 is a fair few