nelsoncp21
2013-12-29T12:49:43Z

First off let me say hello to everyone as it's been a very long time since I have been active on the forums. Not sure how many old timers are still floating around. Things have been hectic for me but I got an itch to do another build so I'm back.

I recently got my hands on a Mid Atlantic 14U Data Cabinet and got this crazy idea to convert it into a computer case. I will be moving most of my parts from my existing case into this so at this point I'm not doing any hardware upgrades. I was thinking of using a rack mount equipment shelf to fashion into a mother board tray. I will need to make something to hold my 3 radiators (2x120mm and 3x120mm). I have seen some fan kits with AC fans. I could replace with DC fans or I could make my own rack mount panel to hold the fans and radiators.

I also will have to come up with a solution for mounting 3 reservoirs, 3 pumps, power supply, SDD's and DVD drives. At this point I am looking for some creative ideas.

Der Meister
2013-12-29T12:56:40Z

What type of design are you going for stealthy or flashy?

nelsoncp21
2013-12-29T18:37:34Z

Right now I'm going for functionality. The cabinet will give me lots of room for airflow and tube routing. I want to upgrade to 1/2 tubing. I will most likely mod the cabinet in the future but for right now I am going to leave it as is and mount everything using accessories for the cabinet on the rack rails.

Nice to see your still around Der Meister. How have you been?