starwhite
2014-12-23T18:28:23Z
I heard recently that Intel had faked benchmarks as far back as the Pentium 4 early days. I used Intel for years, but I find great value in AMD, and maybe even a bit more honesty from the company. But, its like apples & oranges I suppose. :blushing:
Blackhawk8100
2015-05-10T01:17:43Z
Look at it this way: AMD Processors are for gaming and Intel is for gaming/YouTube Recording and Video Editing/Processing.
AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2015-05-10T01:38:45Z

Look at it this way: AMD Processors are for gaming and Intel is for gaming/YouTube Recording and Video Editing/Processing.

I don't think that's true... I think AMD is having problems with their manufacturing while Intel is ahead of the curve. AMD's are usually good for gaming but when it comes to processing, they are poor; AMD's latest processor aims to fix this but we really need someone to be competitive with Intel because the high prices Intel is charging is ridiculous.

I miss the days of the Athlon 64FX. Now that was an awesome processor.

Blackhawk8100
2015-05-10T01:44:32Z

I don't think that's true... I think AMD is having problems with their manufacturing while Intel is ahead of the curve. AMD's are usually good for gaming but when it comes to processing, they are poor; AMD's latest processor aims to fix this but we really need someone to be competitive with Intel because the high prices Intel is charging is ridiculous.

I miss the days of the Athlon 64FX. Now that was an awesome processor.

I can agree. I have seen that AMD processors also get quite hot. Now if you are into a Gaming rig that is only for gaming and can double as a space heater for far less money than Intel, go for AMD. If you want something nice, cool, and quick, go for Intel, though your wallet/purse will take a hit.

venser
2015-05-12T00:37:12Z
I still hear talk about how Intel is better for multitasking whereas AMD shined in single activities, such as just playing a game and nothing more. However, if I wanted to watch a video, play a game, and browse websites all at once Intel was the better way to go. The prices are what hurts, I may still favor AMD, but I have yet to really do anything on an Intel,I would like to try it out, but my bank account says otherwise haha.

#CyberPower #Giveaway #HOT

AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2015-05-12T02:48:02Z

I still hear talk about how Intel is better for multitasking whereas AMD shined in single activities, such as just playing a game and nothing more. However, if I wanted to watch a video, play a game, and browse websites all at once Intel was the better way to go. The prices are what hurts, I may still favor AMD, but I have yet to really do anything on an Intel,I would like to try it out, but my bank account says otherwise haha.

#CyberPower #Giveaway #HOT

You may be in luck, I hear AMD's new 14nm processor will be the return they're looking for. As long as Intel has a curve, they can introduce expensive processors that while perform better, provide what is basically a monopoly.

JOMA
  •  JOMA
  • 95.60001% (Exalted)
2015-05-12T19:09:22Z
I use video cards from either camp but for my CPU it's always Intel. My last AMD processor was an socket 939 and while it was a good chip at the time, Intel just seems to always be ahead.
Blackhawk8100
2015-05-12T20:55:27Z
Wait for sales on intel 😛 THey happen... maybe
venser
2015-05-13T07:36:19Z
Sales from Intel? Sign me up! lol... :(

#Giveaway

Blackhawk8100
2015-05-13T11:38:21Z
I've heard the same thing. Intel is the way to go
venser
2015-05-14T02:36:30Z
Idk, I'm still not convinced one is so much greater than the other, just seems like slight differences in performance, but huge differences in prices o_O

#Giveaway #Syber

Blackhawk8100
2015-05-14T02:38:55Z
Basically what it boils down to Venser.
AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2015-05-14T03:24:31Z

Idk, I'm still not convinced one is so much greater than the other, just seems like slight differences in performance, but huge differences in prices o_O

#Giveaway #Syber

Once you do the research, you'll find the decrease in seconds it takes to process noticeable; Life is short and people want their work done now. Intel has the edge when it comes to this, AMD is good for gaming but not so good on the processing part.

I really want AMD to compete with Intel; it's been a long time since Intel had any real competition.

Blackhawk8100
2015-05-14T21:27:32Z
Kinda depends on what you are doing too...
JOMA
  •  JOMA
  • 95.60001% (Exalted)
2015-05-14T23:23:35Z
There are plenty of performance reviews and benchmarks out there if you'd like to compare Intel to AMD. For gaming purposes in the same processor class, Intel tends to do better but that's not to say that AMD doesn't have good CPUs for gaming. If cost is a concern than AMD may very well be the better choice.

In some cases the cost difference is only $20-$30 between the CPUs but the performance difference is greater.