JoeyDee
  •  JoeyDee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-27T09:12:02Z
I'm sick of reading all this **** about NV30 and how much better everyone says it'll be over ATi.
As we all know, NV30 was suposed to be out a long, long time ago. nVidia every waking monent is hyping up the card to get people to stop buying ATi cards. Sound familiar? 3dfx did the same thing to nVidia, then a few month later thier stock price hit 1 cent. nVidia is failing to deliver on thier part. Yes GeForceFX will be a mighty card, and will nVidia fall like 3dfx? Not yet, but do you people actually think ATi is running idle?!? ATis next card will have DDR-II AND a 256bit memory interface, and a .13 micron chip. The GeForceFX will have DDR-II with a 128bit interface. Thats a huge difference in bandwidth and ATi has the edge. Another thing, nVidia hyped up DDR-II and guess what? ATi made a special prototype Radeon with DDR-II (that get this, WORKS ) to show to the public that nVidia isn't the first one to get it. ATi has never hyped thier products like nVidia now does. No one knew about the Radeon9700 untill ATi brought working cards to conventions just a few weeks before the cards were given to thier launch partners. When GeForceFX comes out in Feb, we've already known of it for almost 6 months!
By the time NV30 is out and so is R350, mid next year ATi, if on schedule should be almost done with thier next chip. When that comes out nVidia should be releaseing thier expected update of GeForceFX like they always do and everything repeats itself.

The only way I like NV30 is so the prices on the Radeons go down 🙂
Sponsor
snakebite66
2002-11-27T18:18:25Z
Simple solution, dont play the game of trying to keep up with the very best, or indeed taking sides!

I personnaly have no sympathies with any of the major companies. I buy the card that seems to be the best value for money and performance at the time and will keep up with the onslaught of technology in games for as long as possible. I only replace when the gaming experience and the frame rates are shockingly low.

I still enjoy my computing and gaming.
MikeL_HH
2002-11-27T18:42:54Z
Quote:

Originally posted by snakebite66
I personally have no sympathies with any of the major companies. I buy the card that seems to be the best value for money and performance at the time and will keep up with the onslaught of technology in games for as long as possible.

Well said. Thats exactly the way I see it. Why take sides? Whom ever has the best card at the time of buying gets my money.
JoeyDee
  •  JoeyDee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-27T22:42:40Z
I'm just sick of the fact that they're both constantly bashing each other when thier technology isn't that much different. Not too many people buy thier $500 cards, so why the hell should they make them when they can sell a $200 card and make a helluvalot more money...
Commander
2002-11-27T23:29:31Z
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!

Err if you didn't know, the launch of the Radeon 9700 card was a disaster. It doesn't work with most 8xAGP motherboards. They totally screwed it. Some boards won't even boot with it in. Plus it gets better results in a 4x board than an 8x. They were nowhere near ready to release it, no adequete testing at all. The FX chip from Nvidia has no problems and actually works, as well as killing the Radeon chip. Nvidia will always rule the grafix market, no matter how much ATI tries. And i'm with you guys, i'm not taking sides, just who has the best card.
JoeyDee
  •  JoeyDee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-28T11:15:23Z
lol. Hey, does 8x AGP really matter? Not really, most people don't even have 8x AGP boards. Performance gains are minimal using 8x AGP. And who the hell has a "working" GeForceFX besides nVidia?
FiYoG
2002-11-28T13:42:57Z
HeHeHe, banter some more please...
snakebite66
2002-11-28T17:44:08Z
Well I am going to soldiier on with my AGP 4x GF4 and 1.4 gig processor until I REALLY have to upgrade.
Commander
2002-11-28T20:54:01Z
I must say they haven't exactly mastered 8xAGP but when they do it will be superior to all the other cards. DO you expect to run DOOM 3 on anything less than a ti4600? ANd Nvidia will get their chips working correctl;y, they can't afford to distribute bad chips, otherwise they would lose a LOT of business. I have my faith in them.
Gladiator
2002-11-28T21:12:06Z
There is no reason to buy Ti 4600's anymore... we now have the ATI Radeon 9500 PRO

When I build a new system, it will almost definetly be the card I put in.
JoeyDee
  •  JoeyDee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-28T22:07:30Z
MY point exactly Gladiator
etsd311
2002-11-29T01:02:21Z
sheeeeeeet...

when DOOM III fully debuts, i'll be running it on my Radeon 64MB VIVO! :cool:

i wish i could upgrade...but you know what? not all of us are made of money. :rolleyes: but if i could scrounge up enough, it'd definately be an ATI card.
JoeyDee
  •  JoeyDee
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-29T10:55:28Z
ATi has been in the buisness alot longer than nVidia has, remember that.
^Bad_Boy^
2002-11-30T15:49:50Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Commander
The FX chip from Nvidia has no problems and actually works, as well as killing the Radeon chip. Nvidia will always rule the grafix market, no matter how much ATI tries. And i'm with you guys, i'm not taking sides, just who has the best card.

It Made no sense.. U said " Nvidia will always rule the grafix market, no matter how much ATI tries."

and then u said "i'm not taking sides, just who has the best card."

Well it doesn't seem like it..

Cuz ATI has the 2 Best Cards out ! .. So ? ATI is the King right now..

the GF FX sounds nice.. but just like the first post said.,,, Don't you think ATI is working for the FX Killer?

-- Just my 2 Cents
^Bad_Boy^
2002-11-30T15:50:42Z
Amen to that... And also they have a bigger part of the Graphics card Market...

Quote:

Originally posted by JoeyDee
ATi has been in the buisness alot longer than nVidia has, remember that.