FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-05T19:54:20Z
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the game music. I thought you were listening to the techno--stuff.
MikeL_HH
2002-11-05T19:55:37Z
Quote:

Originally posted by FiYoG
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the game music. I thought you were listening to the techno--stuff.

LoL. For a small, partial list of the music I listen too, go to the "hey" thread in the lounge.
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-05T23:50:46Z
I see you're a Tool fan, but how can one not be...Tool is...*spellbound*
I must admit I like Nirvana somewhat, and even the Foo Fighters a tad, but I wouldn't dare put their names in the same sentence as--to make this post accord to the topic: I enjoy games more when I'm listening to music I like, rather than the ambient noises many games have as an excuse for music.
MikeL_HH
2002-11-06T09:24:38Z
Most games that just have ambient sounds instead of music usually require you to listen for footsteps and stuff. It's not a good idea to have music way up loud in a shooter and not hear the guy sneaking up behind you. Example: ever play a heated game of Rogue Spear with music on? Not smart. Thats just like screaming for someone to come and shank you with a knife.

System of a Down's Phsyco is a awsome song. I Listen too it all the time when playing UT2003 (where listening to footsteps means your in last place on the server). Nothing like Korn and stuff to get you in a killer mood. Literally.
FabioQ
2002-11-06T09:57:01Z
I vote for Max Payne . Definately catchy.
But then I also loved Bubble Bobble
MikeL_HH
2002-11-06T10:09:14Z
I'm probably one of the only people who didn't like Max Payne that much. I thought it was too easy and way to short. If you look beyond bullet time, you'll notice that there is nothing original. Not to mention some of the levels were very disterbing. Whats up with the funky dreams? Bullet time was a novalty for about the first two levels. I have a tendancy to play all my games to death and Max Payne was dead in record time. Theres no replay value.

Overall, I wouldn't care to ever play/see it again.
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-06T10:48:12Z
You're right, rogue spear isn't one of those games where you want music louder than sound fx, but it does work with some games.
MikeL_HH
2002-11-06T20:45:54Z
Like UT2003. If your listening to footsteps in that game, then your most likely in last place and suck crap. The whole point of the game is to run around with overly powerfull weapons and blow people away. Notice that listening to footsteps and stealth is not in the discription.......