Quote:

Originally posted by LovelyCrap
I've been jumpin all orver the place with my comments but it's:

Console: 007 Goldeneye

PC: Tanarus

whats a Tanarus?
MikeL_HH
2002-11-02T14:02:38Z
A little know MMOG by Varent Interactive. The same guys who made Evercrack.
Dante
2002-11-02T14:06:49Z
Quote:

A little know MMOG by Varent Interactive. The same guys who made Evercrack.

Everquest was about as exciting as watching grass grow. I never understood what was so addicting about that game. I played it for about 30 minutes and then spent the next hour in Software Etc. arguing for a refund (which I eventually got).

I used to be pretty big on Ultima Online for like two years, but that eventually got old. I got a girlfriend and she made me choose, so I sold my account for $700 on EBay
MikeL_HH
2002-11-02T14:15:21Z
LoL!!! thats a good deal. Keep the girl and get $700.

Tanarus was better. Because it wasn't about camping troll spawns for 6 days so you can get a level. It had a wonderful community and was like a large chat room. Except you were in tanks with massive amounts of firepower...... If someone pissed you off you could go to a dual arena and .... well... dual... Me and my clan made quite a name for ourselves in Tanarus. I would log into a arena(server) and people I've never met before would be grovelling at my feet.

It wasn't about accumilating stats to be more powerful like other MMOGs, it was about skill and how you use it. Everyone has access to ALL the weapons and tank chassis. It's just how you used it. The real skill can when you had to control your turret with the arrow buttons while simaltaniously driving your tank with the WASD keys. The duals were pretty crazy too. Two guys would be circling eath other while blasting away. A competition of who can driver better than the other (causing them to miss) and who had better aim while shooting from a moving platform at a moving target. All while trying to steer clear of various objects and ramps. Falling off one of those would defenatly end the fight.

I played it everyday for a whole summer and still didn't get enough. They eventually made me a mod. It was fun until they decided to make the game free. Thats when a ton of losers from the rest of the already corrupted internet came in and ruined the game for me. Tanarus was a little peice of the original internet. A place where everyone was helpful and the jackasses were few.
Dante
2002-11-02T14:24:15Z
Quote:

LoL!!! thats a good deal. Keep the girl and get $700.

I've actually kept the girl for the past three years...
I guess that is a pretty good deal. Got rid of a game that was starting to annoy me anyhow, and got $700 and a good woman.
MikeL_HH
2002-11-02T14:25:34Z
I wish the net was still like the old days..... *voice trails off in thought*
Beast
2002-11-03T06:33:18Z
can anyone here remember astrowars?and i really liked playing the hand helds back then too,donkey kong nintendo,that man in the boat who had to catch the parachutists,somebody put me out of my misery and tell me what that was called please, a dracula game that was on a hand held too and caveman.loved it!!!.half life,gta3,max pane and most fps 's for me............
Icebane
2002-11-04T19:47:46Z
I remember AStroBoy... That show made me cry... Sad...

Japanese shi7 rules MAN!
DjClue21
2002-11-04T23:51:28Z
Rainbow six eagle watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MikeL_HH
2002-11-05T00:00:15Z
Quote:

Originally posted by DjClue21
Rainbow six eagle watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked Rogue Spear better. I loved the M14. Good gun and it looked cool.
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-05T01:20:54Z
Rogue Spear was/is great. I loved sniping in that game. For me, an action game isn't good unless you can pick the enemy off from like a mile away. I guess most people would qualify that as cheating or cowardly, but why deal with the frustration of getting you're ass nailed when you can be so much more efficient from a distance?
dieselboy
2002-11-05T07:24:59Z
my favorite game is an oldie but goodie

BREAKOUT

MikeL_HH
2002-11-05T10:00:51Z
Quote:

Originally posted by dieselboy
my favorite game is an oldie but goodie

BREAKOUT

I find myself sitting there for hours playing that and listening to synthesized music.
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-11-05T10:48:03Z
synthesized music!
MikeL_HH
2002-11-05T16:59:16Z
Quote:

Originally posted by FiYoG
synthesized music!

What? It's not my fault that all the breakout games have synth music! Plus, it's kinda good.