Dante
2002-10-19T15:13:55Z
Quote:

Originally posted by LovelyCrap
So you become sick from 1st person but not 3rd? Strange. I personally don't get sick or tunnel vision.

It doesn't give me tunnel vision . What I meant is that when you play first-person you have tunnel vision. You can't see anything that isn't in front of you. I like being able to see all around my character... not just what is directly in front of me.

As for nausea, I do get a little motion sickness from the first person view.
MikeL_HH
2002-10-19T15:18:54Z
Ohh!
The "tunnel vision" effect doesn't bother me. You get used to it eventually. Instead of really seeing my enemy, I kind of feel his presence. Funky stuff and hard to explain.

As for the nausea, try a motion sickness drug? I had motion sickness when I first started playing 1st person. I remember sitting with my newly bought Goldeneye game some while back and feeling extremely sick whenever I played it too much. I got over it. Don't remember how. It just went away. Got used to it I suppose.
Bog
  •  Bog
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2002-10-19T15:36:40Z
I forgot to mention Tony Hawk's Pro Skater! I've played 2 and 3
The_Punisher29
2002-10-19T16:11:13Z
I think 3rd persone is only good on console game ( Max Payne rulez on PC but it's the exeption )
MikeL_HH
2002-10-19T17:06:26Z
Max Payne was OK. But I think it was too repetative, short and easy. But the theory is still sound and I hope they come out with a new improved, longer Max Payne 2.
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-10-19T20:48:02Z
Wow, I've never heard of motion sickness from playing a video game, but I guess it makes perfect sense, especially with games that have bobbing characters and flying. I know what you mean about tunnel vision too, some games are worse than others this way.
Dante
2002-10-19T21:38:29Z
Quote:

Originally posted by FiYoG
Wow, I've never heard of motion sickness from playing a video game, but I guess it makes perfect sense, especially with games that have bobbing characters and flying. I know what you mean about tunnel vision too, some games are worse than others this way.

Yeah, everyone thinks it's weird that the games get me dizzy. But all that twirling around to see things and shoot this and that makes my stomach turn. It's especially horrible with a graphics card like a Ti4600 because the games are so fluid that the character can turn extremely fast...

As for the tunnel vision... yes, some games are worse than others. Medal of Honor I was actually able to play, it wasn't so bad. But Soldier of Fortune 2 really sucked in this aspect!
FiYoG
  •  FiYoG
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2002-10-20T13:08:22Z
HEHE, you should try playing games getting like 1-4fps, that will really make you sick! *curses at slow pos computer*
^Bad_Boy^
2002-10-20T16:04:23Z
Howski
2002-10-20T22:09:41Z
Ahh I recon the best game ever has gotta be Dune 2 (for the PC the consol version was too easy) However INF ( http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/  ) is the best arround at the mo.
On feeling sick I never have problems playing but I can't watch anyone playiong a FPS for more than 5 mins esp on a slow system
-How.
threep
2002-10-21T16:25:21Z
no one mentioned any of the Final Fantasy games!!! maybe its cuz you guys are all 100% pc gamers. my all time fav. game and what really got me into gaming was Final Fantasy VII.
MikeL_HH
2002-10-21T20:11:08Z
Final Fantasy was great the first one billion times but after FF173236672 I became uninterested in the series.
[mi6] GRiD
2002-10-21T20:45:52Z
I loved Final Fantasy III for the SNES. Does that count?
MikeL_HH
2002-10-21T21:56:01Z
What really got me into serious competative gaming was a little known MMOG called Tanarus. It's made by Varent Interactive the same guys who made Evercrack.
I have to say that it is one of my fav games of all time. Beating even Goldeneye. I played it everyday for a whole summer. The community was real tight and helpful.

It went freeware mementarily and a whole bunch of newbs and retards started playing while all the veterans (uncluding my intire clan) left, and that was what eventually killed the game for me (that and it was 2-3 years old).

I think it's a "pay game" again. But I don't know who would still pay for it. It's quite old now and the graphics look really dated. It's too bad Varent don't have any plans for a Tanarus 2.
Icebane
2002-10-29T04:23:51Z
Believe it or not, Ultima 8 was dubbed the worst ultima, but I loved it.
Final Fantasy's rule 3(6),7 and 8.
There are too many to mention.. Police Quest, Willy Beamish etc.. Too many!