rrplay
2011-09-21T22:17:02Z

Take a bit of time with some of the chip-set with the vid cards from PowerColor .I actually have a PowerColor HD 5770 but NOT that exact model.So the quality is there in my opinion.I would definitely get a bigger PSU if you are considering the 6870 & 5770..di you get around to taking a pic of the inside of that Dell chassis ? or is it exactly like the one posted in the above pic by Optimus ..If you do zoom a bit on your mainboard to be sure .

AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-21T23:55:29Z

georgetok wrote:

I was talking about following for $ 20.00

StarTech.com PCI-Express x1 to Low Profile x16 Slot Extension Adapter PCIe x1 to PCIe x16 slot adapter

That way it converts my PCIe x 1 slot to PCIe x 16 slot & I can use 2 PCIe x 16 Cards.

Thus I can use something like 6870 & 5770 giving me 11 mini Display Ports & choice of having 11 monitors in future. But I am not sure if my motherboard & power supply can handle it. I can change power supply but don't want to change motherboard because that will void Dell warranty.

What do you guys think ?

I'd recommend against it. It wouldn't work for your video card per say and well, it's mostly designed for low-profile cards rather then full height cards, again; I wouldn't buy it for the reason of Crossfire.

And yes, ATI does allow mismatches. I mean it's well noted that you can mix together a 6970 and a 6870 with no problems whatsoever.

georgetok
2011-09-25T01:15:09Z

Chassis is exactly like that.

I don't have a way to take a pic of my chassis. I need to buy more gadgets. What would you recommend for something like that ?

Thanks

georgetok
2011-09-25T01:24:39Z

Hi TaylorKarras

What I am finding out is that many financial professionals are using ATI Radeon 2460.

Two questions :

(1) Can I use 16X1 converter & thus giving me an access to 2 x 16 slots to put in two 2460's giving me 8 dislplays with 2 low profile cards ?

I also see some professionals cutting PCIe x 16 cards to fit in the PCIe x1 slot but that is too much risk for a non tech guy like me so I am asking about the 16 to 1 converter,

(2) If I use 2460's, would I still be able to play Movie Videos with such cards ?

Thank You.

AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-25T06:12:29Z

georgetok wrote:

(2) If I use 2460's, would I still be able to play Movie Videos with such cards ?

Ah, didn't know there was a FirePro card that could do multiple views... Didn't seem to think of that.

georgetok wrote:

(1) Can I use 16X1 converter & thus giving me an access to 2 x 16 slots to put in two 2460's giving me 8 dislplays with 2 low profile cards ?

I also see some professionals cutting PCIe x 16 cards to fit in the PCIe x1 slot but that is too much risk for a non tech guy like me so I am asking about the 16 to 1 converter,

You can but there's a risk to it not working; I'd recommend against it. Your choice though.

georgetok wrote:

I'm guessing you can; I don't know the exact differences between a Radeon and a FirePro chip when it comes to movie playback but I'm going to assume that you can play movies.