Inspector
2011-09-05T22:34:30Z

IDK if this is just me but whenever i post a comment to an article on the home page, it doesn't redirect me back the page with my comment. It just goes to a white page and stops loading, i have to press back and reload it to see my comment. Is this a bug or is it just me? i tried it on firefox and chrome.

Edit: Now i can comment at all...

Sponsor
Dave_HH
2011-09-05T22:38:34Z

Hi Inspector,   Yes, we're aware of this issue and working on it now.

Thanks!

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-17T13:35:04Z

Hey Dave i've noticed a similar issue....

I will normally go through the news not logged in, and if I want to comment I will put my user name and password down in the comment box, write my comment and hit enter and it will log me in and post my comment at the same time.

On the last few attempts of this, my comment is just lost for good and nothing get's posted.I do get logged in tho. I just realized my posts for the last couple weeks haven't showed up since i've been using this method :-(

realneil
2011-09-17T13:48:28Z

acarzt wrote:

Hey Dave i've noticed

And I am unable to post any reply with my iPad. This is the only site that's affected though. What's with that? It opens up into the reply field, but it will not activate the iPad's keyboard. So I can't reply to anything with it.

Dave_HH
2011-09-17T14:03:32Z

Hey Guys,

We've reproduced these anomalies and will work on them ASAP.  The posting with credentials issue is definitely new.  Something broke.  We'll get it fixed.

Thanks

realneil
2011-09-17T14:22:11Z

Dave_HH wrote:

We've reproduced these anomalies and will work on them ASAP.

That's just one of the things to like about this site. You listen to us as much as we do to you,......[:)]

Thanks Dave.

rrplay
2011-09-17T14:34:29Z

Dave_HH wrote:

We've reproduced these anomalies and will work on them ASAP.

[quote user="realneil"]

That's just one of the things to like about this site. You listen to us as much as we do to you,......Smile

Thanks Dave.

[Y]Here Here ! [Y]

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-17T20:08:53Z

Thanks Dave! You guys rock!

omegadraco
2011-09-17T22:41:36Z

Thanks Dave for keeping the site working well and listening to your users. That is a big part of what makes this community great.

AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-18T03:46:42Z

Whatever they said, really...

The fact that they take everything into consideration just makes this a really, really good site.

Dave_HH
2011-09-20T08:22:18Z

Gents,

This bug has been fixed.

The inability to comment from ipad (issue appears only in full forums, not in article/news commenting on main site) is a common issue with IOS Safari not supporting rich text editing (apparently being fixed in IOS5).

There is no easy fix however we will be looking for workaround, if there is one.

Thanks!

Dave

omegadraco
2011-09-21T20:41:56Z

Got another one today

http://hothardware.com/GenericErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/News/Nikon-Reveals-1-System-Mirrorless-Cameras-With-1080p-Video-Mode/Default.aspx#commentform

when commenting on the article I got a blank page with the path above.

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2011-09-29T13:08:34Z

Thanks for the fix guys!! My woes are gone! Now back to the woos!

Woooo!