OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-11T16:40:28Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II (prototype) Yellow Paint- MaximumPC Dream Machine Custom Paint

"The Cosmos II is fully 20 percent larger than the Cosmos S, and takes full advantage of four years’ worth of improvements in chassis tech. The PSU and six drive bays are sequestered in a compartment at the bottom of the case, while the motherboard compartment features cable-routing cutouts, hot-swap docks, more toolless drive enclosures, and room for a 360mm radiator up top. The result is a roomy, well-ventilated chassis with plenty of space to accommodate our tri-SLI setup, five hard drives, a 240mm radiator, and more, while still looking classy. And that's before we added the custom Smooth Creations paint job."

Source: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/dream_machine_2011_how_we_created_best_pc_ever

Sponsor
AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member
2011-07-12T07:00:25Z

That does kind of look sweet. I can't wait to see reviews on how it performs though; a case with those looks has to have the performance to back it up.

OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-12T13:13:58Z

"I'm definitively sure CM wont disappoint with this, its going to shake the Full tower market, but I just hope that there will be a mid tower version. Not worried about the price, I can afford it, its just that I don't need something this huge and heavy."

-Optimus

realneil
2011-07-12T13:34:27Z

OptimusPrimeTime wrote:

I'm definitively sure CM wont disappoint with this

They never do disappoint. Even my $39.00 CM 430 Elite is an outstanding performer, especially for that price.

I just ordered a CM HAF922 with all red LED lights in it for my next build.(i7-2500K with 16GB RAM and a GTX570 in it) I'll call the computer "Red Fred" [:)]

LBowen
2011-07-12T16:48:13Z

Kewl Tower.

Couldn't resist :)  The paint job makes me think of Bumblebee, I wonder if they were aiming for that.

OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-13T20:02:03Z

realneil wrote:

I just ordered a CM HAF922 with all red LED lights in it for my next build.(i7-2500K with 16GB RAM and a GTX570 in it) I'll call the computer "Red Fred" 

"LOL"

[quote user="LBowen"]

Kewl Tower.

Couldn't resist :)  The paint job makes me think of Bumblebee, I wonder if they were aiming for that.

"I think so, or maybe just a Lambo, here are some more pics and a video"

-Optimus

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QekPrC3TYXY:590:349]

realneil
2011-07-13T20:16:50Z

I get the last of my parts in on Friday, so I'll do another build thread for the 2500K build then. This case will have a little room in it to properly stash the cables, so I'm hoping it turns out a little nicer than the last one did.

This Cosmos-II case is damn nice, but I have one already and I'll have to just make do with it instead. I'll not be suffering too much. [:)]

Der Meister
2011-07-14T00:11:10Z

I like it, looks like a nice case for a WC loop and no annoying colored LED fans.... I hate those things...

OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-14T13:41:11Z

realneil wrote:

I get the last of my parts in on Friday, so I'll do another build thread for the 2500K build then. This case will have a little room in it to properly stash the cables, so I'm hoping it turns out a little nicer than the last one did.

This Cosmos-II case is damn nice, but I have one already and I'll have to just make do with it instead. I'll not be suffering too much. Smile

"Excellent. Are you going for Z68 again?

[quote user="Der Meister"]

I like it, looks like a nice case for a WC loop and no annoying colored LED fans.... I hate those things...

"Yeah. And hey, here are two more interior shots, this case means business."

-The front features a feature-rich utility panel on the top, that includes USB 3.0 ports with standard headers, eSATA, and feather-touch buttons and LEDs. A sliding visor covers the external drive bays, once slided down, three 5.25" and two 3.5" bays are exposed, the bays have tool-free covers. Don't let the fact that there are just five exposed bays for a full-ATX case disappoint you, inside the case you will find no less than 11 internal drive bays arraged along two groups. Each of the bays take 3.5" drives, the tool-free drive trays can accommodate 2.5" drives such as SSDs, too. The lower group of bays is compartmentalized with a lid that can hold two 120 mm fans, while the upper group relies on the front-intake fans. 

The PSU bay is roomy, padded to absorb vibrations, has a large intake for the PSU fan, and valved cutouts at the right spots to guide cables through. Then there's the spacious motherboard tray, which can even hold XL-ATX form-factor motherboards with 10 expansion slots. There is a wide opening behind the CPU socket area, suggesting that the board is game for even dual-socket motherboards such as the EVGA SR-2. There are plenty of holes to guide liquid-cooling tubes. The case has a number of spots you can install fans in, apart from the usual front intakes, rear exhaust, and top exhausts, there are side intakes, and intakes for the drive bays.

Update: Our sources tell us that Cosmos II will be available in the markets by late September or early October.

Source TechPowerup

realneil
2011-07-14T14:50:16Z

OptimusPrimeTime wrote:

"Excellent. Are you going for Z68 again?

One of then is a Z68 System, a i7-2600K with 16GB of Muskin Redline PC3-17,000 RAM, a 60GB OCZ "Solid" Sata-III SSD, 2 WD 1TB Black SATA-III HDD's, A Corsair H60 Hydro CPU Cooler with aftermarket high flow and low noise 120MM fans on it, a ASRock Z68 PRO-III-M mainboard, stuffed into the CoolerMaster HAF-922  Red LED case that I mentioned earlier. I'll put my ASUS GTX-570 in it. I'll be using the Intel Rapid Response Technology to  mate the SSD to the pair of WD Blacks. I have a BluRay reader and a DVD Burner for it too.

It should run OK when it's done.

The other is a AMD APU Socket F1 setup. The board is a less expensive ASRock A75M-HVS, with 4GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 RAM in it. The CPU/APU is the new A8-3850 Quad core APU. I have a XFX Radeon HD6870 Black to add to the mix and combine it with the onboard Radeon Graphics for more GPU goodness. A 1TB Spinpoint drive and An ASUS DVD Burner will go into it.

The parts were supposed to be here tomorrow, but just arrived today. I'm not really ready to roll yet, but I may start to build later on tonight.

realneil
2011-07-14T14:55:15Z

One will have a Seasonic 600W Bronze PSU in it and the other, a 650W Seasonic Bronze PSU.

OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-14T16:34:22Z

realneil wrote:

I'll be using the Intel Rapid Response Technology to  mate the SSD to the pair of WD Blacks

"Thats very important to know, I though It could only work with one Mechanical Hard Drive. I'm buying a 600GB WD Velociraptor along with the Same SSD you have. Also, since hearing from you and reading a couple of reviews about how good Asrock motherboards are and how easy the Auto OC, I'm buying the Z68 Fatal1ty Professional that just came out http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/56449.aspx , but , Still waiting for BullDozer, at that point I will decide."

-Optimus

realneil
2011-07-14T22:04:14Z

OptimusPrimeTime wrote:

Thats very important to know, I though It could only work with one Mechanical Hard Drive.

Know? Who knows anything? Ha-Ha! I was just gonna RAID the WD drives first and then use the Intel Rapid Response Technology to add the SSD into the mix. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of Mice & Men? [:|]

It seems that the 2 WD 1TB drives are not enterprise class drives, so they will not RAID together. The Intel RRT setup ~will~ work with them *singly* though,....I just did that a week ago with a 1.5TB drive.

I built the AMD box tonight. I didn't have a new case to use for this build, so it all went into an old one that I had on the shelf. It's ready to turn on now, but I hesitate because I'm tired and it's been a long day so far. If I turn it on, I'll be up all night programming it. [:)]

So here's a photo of the build for all of you to see,....it's a Micro-ATX board in a full ATX box. (like a BB in a tin can) I used a Rosewill 400W PSU in it and 2-2GB sticks of HyperX DDR-3-1600 RAM. There is a XFX Radeon HD6870 Black in there too. Also, one of those 1TB WD drives ended up in there because this board does SATA-III 6GB speeds.

The Sticker says "Save The Ta-Tas" and it's to do with Breast Cancer awareness. (click the picture twice to get the full sized shot)

Goodnight all,.........RealNeil

realneil
2011-07-15T01:10:38Z

I have the AMD A8-3850 APU system up and running now, but still setting it up, so no performance tests yet. It seems to be very snappy.

OptimusPrimeTime
2011-07-16T00:27:14Z

"Nice, looking good

realneil wrote:

The Sticker says "Save The Ta-Tas" and it's to do with Breast Cancer awareness.

"Does it have any personal connection to you? In my case, My father lost one of his kidneys to cancer, My aunts husband lost his life to a very malignant cancer and some friends family members as well, I dont know whats going on, but cancer is so common and so expensive to treat and so devastating."

-Optimus