Blindrage
2002-08-02T12:34:50Z
I was just checking their sites for someone and noticed they only have pentium and celeron processors? I know they used to. Am I missing something?
Sponsor
pompoen
2002-08-02T13:30:06Z
gateway doenst sell in belgium but i havent seen a dell with amd either :rolleyes:
Dante
2002-08-02T13:52:27Z
From what I remember, only Compaq used AMD processors and look at them now.

The problem with AMD is that Intel is the more commonly known name. Therefore anyone who doesn't know much about computers will automatically want an Intel processor. In fact, most people don't even know that anyone other than Intel even makes processors. And, since only people who don't know much about computers buy Dell or Gateway, why would they build with an AMD processor when everyone wants Intel?
Ramman
2002-08-02T15:22:19Z
If you're interested....I saw an ad for eMachines that uses AMD.
Blindrage
2002-08-02T15:31:52Z
Where's that?
Acid_Burn
2002-08-02T17:51:01Z
Dell is strictly an Intel reseller, selling only Intel chips. They never have and most likely never will sell anything with AMD.

Gateways used AMD, I thought they still did. Oh well.
^Bad_Boy^
2002-08-02T20:03:08Z
Well I haven been on Gateway's site since last year..

by that time they were selling Computers with AMD Processors..

Sometimes I get affraid of AMDs future... :rolleyes:
Dazz
  •  Dazz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2002-08-02T20:06:48Z
Quote:

Originally posted by Dante
From what I remember, only Compaq used AMD processors and look at them now.

The problem with AMD is that Intel is the more commonly known name. Therefore anyone who doesn't know much about computers will automatically want an Intel processor. In fact, most people don't even know that anyone other than Intel even makes processors. And, since only people who don't know much about computers buy Dell or Gateway, why would they build with an AMD processor when everyone wants Intel?

Oh thats right that was why Gateway gave people the wrong technical support number for 2 years they where using some other companies number, but just recently they got sick and are suing Gateway lmao.
Ramman
2002-08-02T21:13:19Z
Blindrage, it was in last weeks Circuit City Ad.