JTrammell
2010-12-13T02:56:34Z

Hey guys,

New to the forums, hope to be a long time user. Any ways... I’m deploying to Afghanistan pretty soon and I am also in the market for a good laptop. Money isn’t really an issue either, I just need something that’s a solid build and something that can play videogames without breaking a sweat.  I have kind of being looking at Alienware or Digital Storm, however, if there is some other company you guys or gals might recommend... please shot me some suggestions. Thanks

-Jordan

Sponsor
Stanleybursonberg1
2010-12-13T23:07:53Z

You are going to need something that is sealed so the sand cant get in it, that should be priority.

Der Meister
2010-12-14T05:03:48Z

If you are going there for military or for contractor jobs. First I would say figure out what kind of location are you going to go to. If super sandy, I would highly suggest an extended warranty that covers just that. Normally you dont need such things, but that enviorment is quite hostel for computers 

realneil
2010-12-14T08:37:53Z

Both of my sons had multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and other exotic middle eastern destinations, they used Mac-Books every time. One even s[censored]ed a cup of coffee on his and it still worked for the three months that he was still there. They had a place that they could keep their stuff that was out of most of the harsher elements though.

For gaming, this would work and isn't too expensive.

Debby
2010-12-22T04:08:40Z

why not think about dell?