AKwyn
  •  AKwyn
  • 71.2% (Friendly)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2010-11-05T05:12:50Z

While browsing through the comments, I noticed that the quotes aren't working there as it's supposed to. Instead of working as before it's showing the tag in it's entirety. It's working in the forums, why did it stop working in the comments?

Dave_HH
2010-11-05T08:05:17Z

Heya Taylor,

Yes, this is a bug that cropped up when we enabled voting in the news.  We're aiming to squash it soon.  Stay tuned... [:)]

Thanks!

3vi1
  •  3vi1
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2010-11-06T21:51:55Z

I think it's actually been broken for longer than that, Dave.  It hasn't been indenting them properly for a while.  I can't believe I never thought to report that one, since I usually re-edit my messages to add the indentation.

Inspector
2010-11-06T21:55:21Z

:D i commented about this in one of my posts the other day, and it was after the voting was enabled. I haven't see it before that.

Dave_HH
2010-11-06T22:03:23Z

Inspector wrote:

:D i commented about this in one of my posts the other day, and it was after the voting was enabled. I haven't see it before that.

Hey Guys,

Yeah, no sweat.  We've changed up the way the engine works to call directly to the database for comments, to accommodate the voting system.  The end result is it stripped some of the Community Server formatting.  We have our Ninja Developer working on it though.  No worries! [;)]

coolice
2011-02-06T22:09:30Z

i'm sorry to bring this up, but i'm still unable to quote someone. How abouts do i do that here?

realneil
2011-02-06T22:32:59Z

coolice wrote:

i'm sorry to bring this up, but i'm still unable to quote someone. How abouts do i do that here?

You are writing the wrong comment.... either look directly above you or below you. Sheesh, get with the picture.

couldn't help that,.....

coolice
2011-02-07T16:23:13Z
Jeez, thanks realneil.... way to pull a mans leg! haha
realneil
2011-02-07T16:43:07Z

coolice wrote:

Jeez, thanks realneil.... way to pull a mans leg! haha

I just click on "Reply" and then when I see the gray box with the word "Quote" in it, I click on "Quote" and it puts that quote into my reply below.

It should work the same way for you too,..............

coolice
2011-02-08T18:05:45Z

realneil wrote:

[quote user="coolice"]Jeez, thanks realneil.... way to pull a mans leg! haha

I just click on "Reply" and then when I see the gray box with the word "Quote" in it, I click on "Quote" and it puts that quote into my reply below.

It should work the same way for you too,..............

OHHH, 

Genious.... Thats real man, thats some real sh-- Righ there.

Thanks Realneil