nelsoncp21
2010-10-11T15:26:39Z

I just wanted to share my story with ya'll since it has such a happy ending. We own a 46" Samsung DLP that we bought 4-5 years ago. About a month ago we noticed a dead pixel. I thought it was strange because I didn't realize DLP's could get dead pixels. Over the course of the past month we got more and more dead pixels on the screen. So I started to do some research. I found many people with a similar issue and it seems to be caused by the DMD chip. So I call up Samsung to see if it is something I could just swap out like a cpu in a computer. Samsung explains that it's not something that I can order and do myself but offer to have a technician repair it at no charge to me this 1 time. I was shocked since the TV is well past it's warranty. Sue enough a technician from a local electronics store comes out and replaces the DMD chip. We did not pay a single penny and our TV works perfect again.

Now I have known for awhile that Samsung makes great products and have purchased many of them myself. I however did not realize that they back their product so strongly. Regardless if it's a common problem with their sets or not, the fact that they offered to fix it at no charge to me when it's well out of warranty speaks alot for a company imo. I plan to purchase many more Samsung products in the future for this reason. They make great products and they stand behind them. What more can you ask for.

bob_on_the_cob
2010-10-11T16:35:52Z

That's pretty awesome. Logitech has done good by me like this. I bought a G5 and it died after a year. Just starts to randomly stop working. I called them and within 5 minutes I had another on the way. All I did was give them my P/N and S/N and they sent one out. Same thing happened again 6 months later. Same issue it would stop working for a second then come back. This time the sent me a G500. Now I doubt they have made money off that deal, but I recommend them over razer for this very reason. They have made quite a bit off my recommendations. To many companies look at the short term profit and not realizing that something like this goes a really really long way in good will and future sales.