fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-09-16T16:56:49Z

This game i only played the beta once and got sick of it.  Even though it was bad i didnt think this was going to happen.

The game all points bulletin has set a gaming record........ to bad the record is for the shortest lasting mmo game.All that work for nothing, to bad they didnt seem to notice the minor flaws( like all of the gameplay and plot).

On 16 September 2010, 2 months and 17 days after the release of APB, Realtime Worlds announced the shutdown of APB with this message:

APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close. It's been a pleasure working on APB and with all its players. Together we were building an absolutely amazing game, and for that, we thank you. You guys are awesome!

From all of the Realtime World staff we thank you for your continued support.

—Ben Bateman, APB.co

Sponsor
mentaldisorder
2010-09-20T09:39:34Z

Wow, they're shutting the game down?  Glad I never got suckered into buying it.

bob_on_the_cob
2010-09-20T11:11:45Z

I almost bought it in then the weird pricing scheme made me say forget it. Most likely I'm not the only one.

fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-09-20T20:20:19Z

i wonder how sad the developers are on making such a bad game.

Der Meister
2010-09-20T22:26:41Z

AHAHAh it must have sucked I have never heard of the game

bob_on_the_cob
2010-09-20T22:41:59Z

fat78 wrote:

i wonder how sad the developers are on making such a bad game.

This was well before they closed up shop, but it gives some deep incite into what was going on. Plus the guy basically says that the company is all but ready to close up shop. It's well worth clicking through and reading the whole comment.

Basically what it is is a comment made at Rock Paper Shotgun from one of the devs that didn't work on that game, but was working on another game and had just got laid off. It's an interesting side that you usually don't get to see from inside the company.