fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-07-26T05:31:58Z

Next gen gaming

MindSet

Not sure if any one has posted about these items yet, but i found them while searching the internet and thought they could be developed into sick gaming products.These headsets are designed to read brain signals and convert them into programed commands, imagine setting up your fire button in fps games so you only have to think of firing.

The one on the left is neurosky's mindset headset (sells for $200) and the one on the right is ocz's mind controller (sells for $100).

May not be much of a use for them right now seeing not many games are developed for these kind of products, but would be pretty cool to see games developed with them in mind. like a game developed so you can move objects with your mind like half life 2's gravity gun.

Sponsor
acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2010-07-26T07:14:02Z

I wonder if these actually read some type of brain activity.

They can't possibly be very accurate since people use different parts of their brain and think differently. There would have to be some level of programming it to understand you. Much like voice recognition.

Perhaps it would have been easier to use this tech I had seen that measures subtle vibrations in your throat that are made when you think what you want to say,  instead of saying it.

amdcrankitup
2010-07-26T07:43:22Z

acarzt wrote:

I wonder if these actually read some type of brain activity.

Well considering my condition after my briansurgery Im thinking it would be a waste of time for me to get a set! LOL  [*-)]

fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-07-26T13:33:49Z

The neurosky's mind sky set has very cool programs where you can move objects around, like garrys mod but designed for the head set.

also i think these headsets are designed so the user can program  different brain signals to different commands, like macroing keys on a keyboard.

sackyhack
2010-07-26T13:46:12Z

I'm not sure this would be good for me as game controllers.  If it picks up all my random brain activity, instead of being cool and saving the galaxy, Shepard would be walking off ledges or running into walls cuz he was too busy staring at shiny spaceships or Tali's ass.

acarzt
  •  acarzt
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2010-07-26T16:43:56Z

Yea those of us with add/adhd would be highly disctracted and all kinds of crazy stuff would be going on. lol

fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-07-26T18:12:28Z

These headsets might only be the beginning. Might see more advanced headsets later on, which i think would be realy cool to see.

Devil_Dante
2010-08-09T05:28:19Z

Confusing title is confusing, I thought you meant it was some kind of mind-control device, lol. I'm interested to see what new changes will come to these types of controllers in the next decade or so. Maybe they'll have brain-training games that can actually train your brain.

fat78
  •  fat78
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-08-09T11:28:03Z

neurosky's mindset headset has some free programs to practice with. one free program lets you practice by doing math problems, another allows you to practice by moving objects.