salcha00
  •  salcha00
  • 50.25% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2010-04-07T17:12:04Z

I bought an Ipod touch a month ago, but recently is acting up on me. For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth, and the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

I am very disappointed with the Ipod, it can't even play Flash.   Like it successor the Ipad.

I just want to warm anyone that is thinking on getting these devices.

Super Dave
2010-04-08T01:17:05Z

Is it still under warranty?

Devil_Dante
2010-04-08T04:37:15Z

My iPod has never told me to reconnect to iTunes, but then again my iPod is never turned off. You should probably contact Apple support, since it should still be under warranty.

bob_on_the_cob
2010-04-08T05:06:48Z

salcha00 wrote:

For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth

The iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth.

salcha00 wrote:

the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

That seems odd. If that is a common issue back up your apps to your computer and do the restore function in Itunes. It will reset the iPod to factory defaults.

salcha00 wrote:

I am very disappointed with the Ipod, it can't even play Flash.   Like it successor the Ipad.

I think the iPad not having flash is a huge downside, but the touch's screen is so small what is the point. I am sure there is a use, but I honestly don't miss it.

salcha00 wrote:

I just want to warm anyone that is thinking on getting these devices.

I have one and love it. It has it's downsides. If you want a solid music player and that's it then there are better options for cheaper with more space. If you want a fun toy to put lots of games and time wasters on then the touch is great.

digitaldd
2010-04-12T10:10:47Z

bob_on_the_cob wrote:

[quote user="salcha00"]For example it refuses to connect to Bluetooth

The iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth.

Mine does. its a 2nd gen FWIW. Does bluetooth audio but can't synch or share internet via bluetooth that would be cool to pair with your cell phone. my phone however can be turned into a wifi hotspot so that problem is solved for me anyway. ;)

bob_on_the_cob wrote:

[quote user="salcha00"]the other day I have to turn it off, but when I turned back on it asked me to reinstall it to Itunes.

That seems odd. If that is a common issue back up your apps to your computer and do the restore function in Itunes. It will reset the iPod to factory defaults.

I've never seen that behavior either but mine often losses my music until I resynch it with Itunes.

bob_on_the_cob wrote:

[quote user="salcha00"]I just want to warm anyone that is thinking on getting these devices.

I have one and love it. It has it's downsides. If you want a solid music player and that's it then there are better options for cheaper with more space. If you want a fun toy to put lots of games and time wasters on then the touch is great.

I like mine but I really would love one with a screen about halfway in between the Touch's 3 inch and the iPads 10 inch. 6 inch would be perfect for me.