virtualjaspal
2009-10-28T07:50:05Z

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ430N notebook which has an onboard nVidia GEForce 7400 GO graphics card.

I used to get the "NVIDIA Control Panel" menu option in the "Right Click" context menu but the same has vanished ... and I am seeing Graphics options of "Intel" instead ... Intel Graphics are really very poor and will not allow me to play games which require 3D graphics acceleration ...

I tried installing "nVidia Display Drivers" but in vain. All I am getting is an error: "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

If I am installing the original display the installation completes in less than a minute and the display driver does not show up in the "Device Manager" and not even in Control Panel.

I tried getting help from Sony eSupport but nothing and noone proved helpful.

Can someone pls. help me with this?

Thanks,

~Jaspal

Super Dave
2009-10-28T22:44:42Z

You should be able to visit the Sony website HERE and download the video files that you need. Welcome to HotHardware, Jaspal!

virtualjaspal
2009-10-30T08:52:04Z

Thanks for the response but I have already tried this and the downloaded driver (like I posted in my problem above) gets installed in less than a minute but does not show up in Device manager as well as Control panel.

I am trying to look at something like ... is this an issue altogether with the physical hardware (NVIDIA Graphics card itself) ????

nelsoncp21
2009-10-30T18:12:54Z

Have you tried going to nvidia's website directly. Maybe the driver your downloading from sony is bad.