JohnLiakouras
2008-12-07T14:57:39Z

Hello EveryBody,

Long Ago, I was A very Big Fan of AMD! [:D]

I had an Athlon 64 Processor and was working like a charm! Unstoppable!!!! [:D]

So 1 year Ago, I decided to Buy an AMD 6400+ (3.2 GHz), to continue the good experience....[:^)]

From the very first moment I powered on,I had Nothing but Problems......I couldn't use vista x64 because constantly I was getting "Blue Death Screens" all the time....My Hardware was not working correctly because I wasn't able to install the proper drivers.....(crashing all the time)......I tried to install various software and it crashed constantly!!!!!! [:@]

Using all the methods I could think,I finally got it to work,with the main programs,that I needed, to be operational.That until today!!! [:@] Because I wittnessed the amazing DOS message, after a common restart: " BOOT DISK FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM DISK " [:@]

That Was It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]   This was the final thing i would witness from this PC!!!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@]

So I gave it A KICK with my boot, and it went 3 meters away!!!!!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@]

And tomorrow I will go get an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 with ASUS P5Q MotherBoard and thats it!!!!![:D]

No More AMD For Me !!!!!!! [;)]

Sponsor
Crisis Causer
2008-12-07T21:27:18Z

What is your motherboard?  The Athlon X2 6400+ is a 125 watt CPU.  Some motherboards cannot handle firepower of that magnitiude.  That may have been your problem.  Or that extra wattage might have been too much for your Power Supply.  What was your old CPU?  It was probably only 89 watts.

There is an 89w Athlon X2 6000+ that would have been better for you (if that is indeed the problem).

Super Dave
2008-12-08T00:59:29Z

And so you blame it on AMD? Why not just blame it on George Bush![:D] 

tanka12345
2008-12-08T01:23:10Z

Super Dave wrote:

And so you blame it on AMD? Why not just blame it on George Bush!Big Smile 

I agree totally!

I wouldn't recommend buying a Q9550 at the moment, as prices will go down because of Core i7. I urge you to wait (if you can), until the Phenom II CPU's come out, and give AMD a second chance. You shouldn't give up on something just because of one bad personal experience.

Thanks, and a Pre-Merry Christmas from me!

Tanka12345

Super Dave
2008-12-08T01:40:19Z

JohnLiakouras wrote:

Using all the methods I could think,I finally got it to work,with the main programs,that I needed, to be operational.That until today!!! Angry Because I wittnessed the amazing DOS message, after a common restart: " BOOT DISK FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM DISK " Angry

John, are you going to be using your two RAIDed VelociRaptors on your new system, too?[:D][:D]

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T09:19:47Z

My Friend Super Dave, the velociraptors work like a charm!!!!! Believe me,I have test them with my other machine,which -if I may tell you- was built from scraps from other computers,and it ha[censored]ard an INTEL E2200, OVERCLOCKED TO 2.87 GHz WITHOUT ANY SERIOUS COOLING SYSTEM! [:D]

For 1 Year now,this system is working with no stopping! No glitching! Nothing! [:D]

Unfortunately for AMD,This is finally what INTEL means! [;)]

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T09:33:14Z

Crisis Causer wrote:

What is your motherboard?  The Athlon X2 6400+ is a 125 watt CPU.  Some motherboards cannot handle firepower of that magnitiude.  That may have been your problem.  Or that extra wattage might have been too much for your Power Supply.  What was your old CPU?  It was probably only 89 watts.

There is an 89w Athlon X2 6000+ that would have been better for you (if that is indeed the problem).

My Friend,I Don't think that power is the problem here...[:^)]

I Owned an ASUS M2N-SLI Motherboard,and my power supply is 1500 Watts... [:^)]

My old AMD was with a completely different board.I bought this board the same day I got the cpu,and I have installed the latest bios update.

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T10:24:55Z

tanka12345 wrote:

I agree totally!

I wouldn't recommend buying a Q9550 at the moment, as prices will go down because of Core i7. I urge you to wait (if you can), until the Phenom II CPU's come out, and give AMD a second chance. You shouldn't give up on something just because of one bad personal experience.

Thanks, and a Pre-Merry Christmas from me!

Tanka12345

You Know, this was pretty much always happening with AMD...[:^)]....either the operating systems did not work for various reasons, either the hardware needed "special" updates,just to work with AMD platform,and I was always struggling to make it work, while INTEL was running Fast, Smooth and -most of all- with no surprises! [:^)]

I was determined to endure all those things in the years that passed,because when I was playing a game,it went bananas! [:O]

But now the scenery has changed.Those Quad-Core cpus,just fly! In every benchmark they come out on top in most cases...so why settle with something less? [;)]

Pre-Merry Christmas To All Of You Guys! [G]

Crisis Causer
2008-12-08T10:25:40Z

Bad motherboard?  Even ASUS sends out faulty once every once in a while.

But I blame Vista.  What are you using that for?[:P]

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T10:35:43Z

Think So? [:D]

Don't be suprised,but they work ok with me....[8-)]

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T10:41:24Z

Oh, something else...[:)]

I got today the Q9550 and P5Q motherboard!!!!!! [Y]

Crisis Causer
2008-12-08T10:44:06Z

AMD's new Quads come out in January, so you should have waited.  Even if you insisted on still jumping ship, Intel prices would probably drop by then.

But there's nothing wrong with a little early Christmas gift for youself.[H]

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-08T11:05:08Z

To be Honest, I Couldn't Wait!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]

Cheers!!! [B]

recoveringknowitall
2008-12-08T11:14:11Z

I really like my P5Q-VM... haven't tried to OC yet, but will later.

JohnLiakouras
2008-12-09T14:09:23Z

NICEEEEEEEEE [:D]