Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2008-11-27T22:05:36Z

Hi Folks,

We have a HOT one for your here!

AMD is hosting an exclusive technology preview event in the cities of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco over the next couple of weeks and has offered HotHardware forum members a very limited number of invitations to the event!  Extreme, future technology demonstrations and an opportunity to chill with other HH forum members and AMD’s technologists, will make for a must-attend event.

This event is by invite only, so email us your full name, email address and forum handle, and  we’ll submit your info. Invitations will allow you to bring a friend.

Email us your entries to amdevent@hothardware.com

Act fast and good luck!  We hope you get in!

Thanks!

tanka12345
2008-11-27T22:34:35Z

Great offer Dave! Too bad it's only for users in the US. [:(]

It must be really cool to go along and find out about the new technology, especially Phenom II Processors. I wonder who will be going to it.

ice_73
2008-11-27T23:07:00Z

i would love to go, would make a great trip. i have to look at traveling costs though, so im probably not going to be able to go (unless i find a cheap china town bus) 

great opportunity though! go amd! go hh!  

rapid1
2008-11-27T23:57:17Z

Same thing with me I am in Atlanta they should just do it with the electronics convention here in what January/February. Lol but with the travel costs and everything I can't do it right now. I wish but not with Christmas coming up...............

Super Dave
2008-11-28T00:15:30Z

I have always been an AMD fan and I wish I was able to take advantage of such a fabulous offer! Thanks for putting it out there Dave, and I am sure there will soon be some very happy forum members that go to the preview event!

recoveringknowitall
2008-11-28T01:29:30Z

Sounds like it would be a very enriching expirience!

I probably wouldn't have a problem making the trek to San Fran, but kinda don't feel worthy since I've never owned an AMD product and probably won't any time soon since I just upgraded from an E4600 to an E8400(I know... nothing too exciting, but I'm happy).

Hope those that get to go realize what a great opportunity it is and soak it all up!!!

bob_on_the_cob
2008-11-28T02:59:22Z

When is it? That's a 13 hour drive, but sounds like a awesome event.

Crisis Causer
2008-11-28T07:31:53Z

I'd be all over it if it was in my little city, but alas I cannot travel.

ice_73
2008-11-28T11:09:31Z

hey dave, how long is the event? (one day? one week?) and when is the boston event? 

Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2008-11-28T11:20:58Z

ice_73 wrote:

hey dave, how long is the event? (one day? one week?) and when is the boston event? 

Gents,

This will be a 1 day event.  Sorry, I missed snipping in the dates.  Here you go:

San Francisco on December the 5th, Chicago on the 9th and Boston on the 12th.  

Marco C
2008-11-28T12:54:29Z

If there are some folks in the NYC, Westchester, Southern Connecticut area that would like to go, shoot me a note--I can take some of you with me if you're up for it.

Venom
2008-11-28T17:57:34Z

I wish this wasn't during the week, otherwise I'd be interested in going with you Marco. Unfortunately, I have to work and can't take a whole day off.

Drago
  •  Drago
  • 51% (Neutral)
  • Advanced Member
2008-11-28T21:56:27Z

:( damn shame that it isnt in Dallas which is like a major technology city way more so than the others on the list, and its durring class days for me at University so i cant make it.  Id love to be able to but im afraid if they dont hit some place relatively close to me, i wouldnt be able to go.  For all the lucky [censored]s that get to go, ya'll better take pics and tell the rest of us about it and if you get some free stuff, see about grabing some extra's for those of us who cant go :P

bob_on_the_cob
2008-11-29T00:37:17Z

Hey Venom, good to see your still around![:D]

ice_73
2008-11-29T00:42:37Z

Venom wrote:

I wish this wasn't during the week, otherwise I'd be interested in going with you Marco. Unfortunately, I have to work and can't take a whole day off.

another nyc boy! hello there. 

also, theres a good chance i will go, but at this point i cant gaurantee anything, since i have to check a few more things.