Anonymous
2008-09-13T05:07:11Z

FYI: A great way to report companies gas gouging practices is via the Department of Energy's Gas Price Watch Reporting Form available at http://gaswatch.energy.gov/.

As an extra measure, if you witness gas gouging by these companies and have a digital camera or cell phone with a digital camera, take a picture of the gas stations mar[censored] showing the prices being charged. While the gas station companies employees or management may deny price gouging when presented with a filled out complaint, an actual photo of the prices in question is impossible to impeach. Just notate in the comment section of the above referenced form that you have images of the said infractions.

Sponsor
SqUiD267
2008-09-13T07:06:40Z

Wow this is a really good idea. I'll use it sometime.

warlord
2008-09-13T08:20:01Z

All the exxons in my town have put bags on the unleaded pumps and won't sell it. This morning i ask why the bags where on the pumps and the attendant said they where told to not sell the cheap stuff, so people would spend the extra .20 cents a gallon on plus. I  live in north east texas

Note to Mr.Valdez I wouldn't pee on your teeth if your gumms where on fire. By january you will be bragging about record revenue again for the 4th quarter, while rubbing our noses in it....By the way if you are a oil tycoon and are thinking you aren't a bad person and i'm  off base...SHAME ON YOU

amdcrankitup
2008-09-13T09:51:47Z

There are people here reporting theses prices in our town to the police and the authorities now taking pictures and everything this is nothing but criminal! Just to get an idea if you guys can list the prices of gas in your area. Our highest price in my town which as I said is on the News here is $5.29 whats yours today!Keep in mind the day before here was around $3.44. Just think what they are gng to do to us after the hurricane? Just a side note I hope our Gov does a better job of responding to the disaster in Texas than they did in my home state of Louisianna!

bob_on_the_cob
2008-09-13T12:10:54Z

When I was 13 I worked at a full service gas station. The only time we changed the price of gas was when we got the underground tanks refilled, because we would pay more or less for it. Now I drive by the same freakin gas stations every day and the price has changed.

SqUiD267
2008-09-13T17:50:49Z

$3.59 MA

bob you coudl work at a gas station at 13?

bob_on_the_cob
2008-09-13T18:44:29Z

SqUiD267 wrote:

$3.59 MA

bob you coudl work at a gas station at 13?

under the table.

amdcrankitup
2008-09-13T19:32:23Z

He HE ! This is Bob working under the table!

Savage Animal
2008-09-13T21:18:13Z

It's  only price gouging if your area has been declared a state of emergency. Other wise technically it's their gas and they can sell it at any price they see fit, give it away for free or only give it to eskimos on tuesday's. There is nothing that can be done if you are not in a state of emergency.

Anonymous
2008-09-13T22:35:11Z

Savage Animal wrote:

It's  only price gouging if your area has been declared a state of emergency. Other wise technically it's their gas and they can sell it at any price they see fit, give it away for free or only give it to eskimos on tuesday's. There is nothing that can be done if you are not in a state of emergency.

No you are wrong, a state of emergency does NOT have to be declared. Its called a state of abnormal market disruption. Also, there does not have to be ANY state declared for you to report (using the form URL I provided) what you consider abnormally high gas prices which is the reason for this thead.

from http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

"The Department of Energy is very concerned about the impact of gasoline

prices on American families. While we are working to address longer

term supply issues, we're also working to make sure American families

are being treated fairly. If you believe there may be price-gouging, or

price-fixing, please contact your local authorities and fill out the

form below."

Nowhere on the page does it say "If a state of emergency has been declared".

recoveringknowitall
2008-09-13T22:41:08Z

You never fail to crack me up crankitup!!! roflmao

cuddle
2008-09-13T23:53:55Z

Price gouging? What are you talking about? 

Making an extremely large profit from the misfortune or misery of one's fellow man is about as American as apple pie and Chevrolet.

Just because it's our old best friend, the oil companies, why should we begrudge them their 200% profit?

Any way , way out west in El Paso the price is hovering around $3.57 a gal. #57? Sounds like something an El Pasoan would have.

Price gouge on Exxon!!! 

amdcrankitup
2008-09-14T09:16:25Z

Well the Feds come down here and shut some gas stations down yesterday for gouging and my understanding I could be wrong hit a couple of them with a hefty fine! These were the ones charging $5.29 a gal! Thats Funny!! I got a issue with people like that,You dont Screw people when their down!