Cmoazz
  •  Cmoazz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-09-08T18:42:48Z

Hey all, been on this site for a while now decided to join up - mostly because of the awesome give aways!

I hope this isn't the 100th post on this. Any good links to info about Larrabee? Can someone explain to me more of what it is? What I understand so far is that it's a CPU chip for GPU cards, made by Intel. Also, that it will be multi-core, Nvidia and ATI have no mutli-core GPU's? I really like what Intel has been doing lately. Hoping to get there new Nehalem and SSD drives when they release, but that's another topic.

Thanks!

Sponsor
bob_on_the_cob
2008-09-08T19:19:17Z

Wiki link on larrabee. Got some good info.

Nvidia and ATI both have dual GPU cards.

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to ask anything else. Nehalem and the Intel SSD drives are both looking great arn't they

Oh and don't forget to check out are folding team!

warlord
2008-09-08T19:52:56Z

bob_on_the_cob wrote:

Wiki link on larrabee. Got some good info.

Nvidia and ATI both have dual GPU cards.

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to ask anything else. Nehalem and the Intel SSD drives are both looking great arn't they

Oh and don't forget to check out are folding team!

You beat me to it bob

As bob said welcome to the forums 

Fold On!!!!

nelsoncp21
2008-09-08T20:35:01Z

ditto. and not to jack this thread but I love the new avatar bob. My son would really love it.

Cmoazz
  •  Cmoazz
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-09-14T00:55:02Z

That is awesome. So will Intel just be manufacturing the chip? Or will it be selling the chips to card makers such as Evga, ASUS, etc.?

Sorry I took so long to reply, the "message" area where you type a reply doesn't work on the iPhone for this website. I also had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out so, that sucked.

recoveringknowitall
2008-09-14T01:48:59Z

Cmoazz wrote:

had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out

Ouchie!!!

Welcome to HH... enjoy and stick around.