urielsd
  •  urielsd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-07-02T15:56:03Z

What i would want to know is if there is a soft like Fraps, but instead of showing the FPS counter on the corner of the screen, it shows the GPU temp?

And also: Is there a program that closes all programs if temp gets high, or at least advises you with a sound of some sort?

Thanks in advance![:D]

Sponsor
Savage Animal
2008-07-02T20:01:02Z

Why yes sir there is....it's called Riva Tuner! You'll have to read up on how to set it up for your particular needs, but you can enter a command line that will shut down your pc once your gpu reaches a certain temp. I have it set up on my desktop, it was fairly easy to do, but I did it a while ago so I couldn't walk you through doing it. Also when you start Riva Tuner you can have it display your GPU temp both in-game and in your toolbar. It's really a great piece of software.

bob_on_the_cob
2008-07-07T06:08:12Z
I have rivatuner set to open When I start my computer. Its very intimidating looking but it will warn you before you do anything bad. I agree with Savage. It should reach your needs and more.
urielsd
  •  urielsd
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Member Topic Starter
2008-07-09T21:07:22Z

Thanks, Rivatuner is just what i needed. I installed  Rivatuner a long while ago, but didnt know it could monitor GPU Temp.