Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2007-11-08T21:11:34Z

Alright, I can't take it anymore, so I'll come right out and say it.  WHERE IS EVERYBODY?  This forum has gotten far too quiet.  We NEED you guys back in here on the board and in the comments section of the news on the main site!  We need you to keep the HH Community alive here!

In the month of November, we will be running a promotion and straight give-away, as a way to "Give Thanks" to our loyal readers and contributers here in the forum.  Stay involved here and contribute.  The Great Thanksgiving Turkey God may just smile upon you. [H]

Sponsor
warlord
2007-11-09T00:46:10Z

Guess i should start posting again. Works finally settling down so i will try to be more active sir [Y] 

Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
2007-11-09T00:53:39Z

OMG, please don't call me sir... It makes me feel old and well, comparitively, I am BUT I feel about 18 in my head. :)

Thunder Chunks
2007-11-09T05:24:11Z

Im going to blame TF2 for my lack of forum time. I only get about 45 mins to an hour to use my computer on a daily basis and really only have a very limited use for one at work due to the nature of my job (I briefly check my emails at the start/ end of my shift and thats it) so I never look at the forum whilst there.

Still find it difficult to believe its this quiet though with the run up to Christmas and all the new hardware/ games that are cropping up. Maybe its just a bit too easy at  the moment..... 2gigs of ram, an 8800GT, an oc'ed Q6600, an Asus Mobo, an Antec P182, modular PSU and any number of hard drives and you are going to have a powerful, relatively cheap gaming rig with very few faults and a very straight forwards build.

Der Meister
2007-11-09T18:12:34Z

i have noticed it as well... its defiantly not like a few years back, but it think it will pick up some heading into the Christmas season.

recoveringknowitall
2007-11-09T18:27:00Z

Besides the obvious reasons i.e. work, school, etc. there are lotsa great games bein released!

Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
2007-11-09T18:57:15Z

Excuses, excuses!    [:D]

Guys, we're still building up the site here.  Stick with us, there are more good changes coming.  And in November, we're going to give back a bit of the love to youz all as well!

Eric
  •  Eric
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2007-11-11T14:44:36Z

Ya just been really swamped with school and all.... but i will be more active once i get some breaks ofr the holidays etc

nelsoncp21
2007-11-11T21:27:31Z

I try to post when I can. give aways are nice but I would love to see another gaming contest even if there was no give aways involved just some bragging rights. [:P]

XaviarCraig
2007-11-11T21:47:21Z

I lurk more than I post! That being said; even if you dont see me... I am around!  

Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
2007-11-11T23:31:18Z

Ahhh.. that's more like it!  Lurking?  Lurking will not be tolerated.  You MUST post. :)  Kidding...

So, competition eh?  What sort of game do you think you guys would like to run?  We'll see if we can put something together.

Dave_HH
  •  Dave_HH
  • 100% (Exalted)
2007-11-12T09:34:23Z

ps.  I like how big the WAKE UP is now on the tagging cloud on the side margin. [:D]  It's a perfect example of the power of tagging.  Guys, if you want a thread to be seen, tag your post with proper words in the tag field.

Thunder Chunks
2007-11-12T10:03:30Z

Davo wrote:

So, competition eh?  What sort of game do you think you guys would like to run?  We'll see if we can put something together.

Tf2 or CoD4!  (as blatantly biased as I am to these two bits of online gaming heaven).

ice91785
2007-11-12T12:02:03Z

Thunder Chunks wrote:

Granted its a PC based forum for the most part but it'd be fun to somehow have a guitar hero competition or some other console based game like -- oh i dunno HALO?? [;)]

recoveringknowitall
2007-11-12T12:23:11Z

Some good games for competition: TF2, Quake Wars and the soon to be realeased UT3!!!